• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: SDTrans384 - A micro SD card digital transport

I just put in an order for one. Jack said I'll ship out in two weeks! I'm late to the game but as exited as you guys once was :)

I have a couple of newbie questions.
Does the Sdtrans384 have a power button to be able to turn on /off or do I need to pull the plug?
Anyone know of a nice, small, simple case on AliExpress that would work for the Sdtrans384 without much modding?
How hard is it to put say 100 albums on a 64gb sd card and scroll though the folders to play a certain album?
What's the best compatible sd card brands? I heard class 4 and under are more likely to be more compatible than higher class. Is this true?

Last edited:
I had one and after destroying it with power supply "experiments" I do not miss it at all.

WTFplay and a MUTEC MC3+USB are as good and much easier to deal with.

I do not think they will work with 64gB SD and if it did you will regret how long it would take to find a file.

Even with 16 gB cards you get tired of the rigmarole to get what you want.

It is a lovely little thing but I wonder if its day has passed?

I vote for sound quality! My sdtrans384 isn't coming in for at least a month or so, but I have already converted and untagged most my wav music files. I also bought a linear power supply. Still looking for an micro SD that will be compatible though.

Got to see what all the rave is about. However it does sound like a pain in the *** to operate.

I had one and after destroying it with power supply "experiments" I do not miss it at all.

WTFplay and a MUTEC MC3+USB are as good and much easier to deal with.

I do not think they will work with 64gB SD and if it did you will regret how long it would take to find a file.

Even with 16 gB cards you get tired of the rigmarole to get what you want.

It is a lovely little thing but I wonder if its day has passed?

Yeah only 32gb. However, I normally don't look for a single song to play. How hard is it to find an album if you had about a hundred?