• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Reflektor-D Power Supply for Digital

Joined 2006
Paid Member
DELAY!!

I am currently awaiting the boards arrival.

The board house unfortunately shipped the circuit boards to another country.
This is a first.

They were unable to get the customs department for that country to re-direct package to me. So the boards are back in production line.

I hope to ship the boards out in less than 2 weeks. My apologies for the delay.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
GB 2017 #1 Update

Hey All,
I realize that many of you with Reflektor-D, DCG-3 and or DCSTB boards have been waiting quite a long time for your boards. Hopefully this will be remedied by the end of next week.
Although I am responsible for delivery of product, I will state that the typically partnership we have with the board house has been sound for years But here is an explanation that's going on so you do not think I am dead or not being effective in delivery.
First they shipped all the boards to the wrong country, and then were forced to remake them - secondly, they ran out of matte soldermask material for the second order, and so it has been a hang up there. If I do not have them next week, I can fill in with an alternate production house if needed. I can also refund anyone who is not happy or has run out of time for the project based on long delivery times.
I apologize for the delay, but believe the product is worth the patience in dealing with vendors we choose to work with. Hopefully double roadblocks will not be bothersome for some time.
If there are any questions, let me know via private message. Thanks.
Tea

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The current GB for all Salas boards end of 12/3/2017.
I will be sending out private messages to all those on the spreadsheet with payment instructions, so I can send you an invoice.
If you are not on the spreadsheet, please sign up then send me a private message.
After the Group buy closes and boards are ordered, it should be between 4-6 weeks typically for me to get the boards and kits ready, and then to ship them out across the world.
Let me know if there are any questions.

Tea

Joined 2006
Paid Member
FYI:
I am waiting to hear more from the shipping labeling companies for alternative solutions they intend on using. For now, everything international need to be a first class package.
They start at 15.00, and increase from there.

Overview of changes:
Starting January 21, 2018, First-Class Mail International Service for Flats containing merchandise will no longer be available directly from the USPS. This means that no merchandise (goods) can be mailed using the First-Class Mail International service.

I am designing a DAC and was wondering if this reflektor-D board would do it for me.
I want to have 10mA 3.3VDC output, is it achievable with this board setup with one green LED and a 62R resistor for the 3.3VDC and R1 8R for the 10mA region?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am designing a DAC and was wondering if this reflektor-D board would do it for me.
I want to have 10mA 3.3VDC output, is it achievable with this board setup with one green LED and a 62R resistor for the 3.3VDC and R1 8R for the 10mA region?

Thanks for the help

I do not think Salas intended to run at such a low CCS.
I know with the kits the lowest provided was for 2R.

Certainly can do 3.3V, but if your are talking really low CCS, I think that is missing the intended design. Salas would be able to speak more to it here, or on normal build thread.

Reactions: 1 user
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
R1 5.6R would produce circa 100mA CCS for this very low load consumption application. Allowing decent spare current not to lose much Zo spec. Not "hot-rod" but decent. The dissipation will be almost negligible in such a low spare current and output voltage situation.