• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Project Ryu Field Coil Loudspeaker and Parts Group Biuy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Following discussions on the main project thread here, i have put together a list of items i can supply and prices for each. These price are made assuming at least 10 participants. Prices can drop if more will join.

For this group buy for motor parts i will secure 1008 steel. It is the same steel JBL used in their best drivers. Attached you can see some concept art.
Frames are pretty expensive if you want it machined. But i can customize each motor to fit an existing frame you might have.

Copper rings if wanted will cover the entire top of the center pole piece, the cilinder in the gap has 0.25mm thickness, but the bottom and top parts are thick to ensure extremely low DC resistance.

I can secure full paper cones from a german manufacturer I've been in contact with. The full paper cones have the surround made from the same paper the cone is made of. Just like the vintage fullrange drivers.

12" paper cones have a mass of 20grams
6.5" paper cones have a mass of 6 grams.

You can get just parts or you can select to have them assembled. If i assemble it i will supply measured data and specs for each unit.

You dont need any fancy power supplies. It will work great even with a powerful laptop adapter rated 12-24V @ 5A.

*** How to get in?

- Download the zip file and open the excel in read only mode.
- Select your desired configuration and check price list
- Post here or pm me with what you want and quantity

*** Whats next?

- Once we got enough people we will start the group buy
- I will ask each participant for specific information ( desired T/S parameters, desired voice coil diameters, power supply connector types, colors etc)
- I will inform each one of shipment costs depending on each one's location and order
- I will forward you information for advance payment. Advance payment is without shipment cost.
- For 10 pairs the lead time is 90 days.
- Upon completion of units the shipment costs must be forwarded
- Receive the goods and enjoy

For those not sure on what parameters they want i will guide them to make the best choice.

Any questions feel free to post them. You might need Excel 2010 for the spreadsheet to work properly.

Let's start the insanity.

Attachments

• 12 inch frame 160mm motor 02.jpg
    12 inch frame 160mm motor 02.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 548
  • 12 inch frame 160mm motor.jpg
    12 inch frame 160mm motor.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 551
  • 130mm motor 01.jpg
    130mm motor 01.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 542
  • Copper Ring 01.jpg
    Copper Ring 01.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 544
  • Copper Ring 02.jpg
    Copper Ring 02.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 539
  • Prj Ryu Group Buy.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 145
Hi Hentai you overwhelmed I just discover this thread and found this monster choice. Does just close the group? I not read the link of 572 posts but i promise I will tomorrow (to busy at home satisfying wife's wishes on weekend«cutting the fence and the grass») Please if is possible to answer some questions like SPL, range of frequency and distortion. I am interested.
Receive my congratulation and the best regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.