• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

P1 preamplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess its time that the P1 pre-amplifier got an offering. At this point in time no costs are associated with the boards. This is a fishing for interests in this project.

kind regards,

Harrison.

Douglas Self use 1K pot on his tone control to achieve high S/N ratio. But 1K pot is hard to find and then I design a tone control using 10K pot.

Douglas Self use 1K pot on his tone control to achieve high S/N ratio. But 1K pot is hard to find and then I design a tone control using 10K pot.

The term low noise really has meaning when you are working with really low signals from lets say outer space that you need to amplify by a factor of say 1000 or more, thats where the noise becomes a headache because you amplify it also.

Or for recording chains.... well.... hope the growth isn't exponential.....

However for line level signals for playback, theoretically depending on knowledge base in use it should be no big deal.

The signal should be run at a level such that it swamps the noise generated by the resistor resulting in good signal to noise ratio, also depends on the ears sensitivity to signal to noise ratios above a certain threshold.

Assumption here is that amplifier is doing 30dB

I'm interested.
Noted :)

I am very interested.:D
Harrison, will this be a mono board, or a stereo.
I've been looking for a preamp, so I'm Interested.
My ideal would be Stereo with pre subwoofer out, but Thats a different project.
Its gonna be modular really so any number of channels
The pre sub would have to be its own module and if you do want that, you sure want much more :D
I`m interested..

Gisle

Here is a quick guide on what shape the first offer will take, feel free to make suggestions on your favorite components such as pots, caps, resistors etc. How small do members want this preamp ?

Attachments

• P1schnotes.png
    P1schnotes.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 387
Hi members, kindly debug and give feedback on

1. Are the pots too close? Or are they perfectly optimized? What type of knobs ?
2. Do you have prefered connectors for the input, power and output ?
3. Have you spotted any issues with layout, grounding, decoupling, filtering ?
4. A.O.B

kind regards,

Harrison.

Attachments

• P1_LAYOUT.png
    P1_LAYOUT.png
    304.1 KB · Views: 982
How can we bypass the bass-treble cirquit ?

Currently you cant. The initial idea behind the P1 was to be operated as a simple* complete package without tone control defeat. The assumption being that the extra active filter stage (tone control) would be 'needed' (you would miss its absence) and would not contribute negatively but rather positively.

If you own some Elac debut 2.0 b6.2 or Buchardt s400 speakers a preamp like P1 would work well. Note on the grail of simplicity unnecessary caps and switches are avoided, there’s no tone defeat, no high level inputs, you either use the circuit or not at all. This circuit also allows you to use mono blocks
Your welcome to mod as you please. Have fun.

Hi Oracle1
The thread is almost 4 years old but I would also be interested what happened to the project.
Kind Regards

They say a good wine matures with time

The pcb just arrived and i am going to build it

Looking forward to your experience with the P1, its smarter than it looks and will couple well with many

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.