• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mr Evil's Capacitance Multiplier Power Supply PCB

Paypal shipment notification and the postman delivery came in the same day :)
Well, that is only slightly embarrassing... at least I am not slower than the post office, :D

Orders (and I use the expression loosely), that I received by 24.August, have all shipped. Only exception are a couple waiting for parts, or held b/c on vacation etc. My goals is to ship any paid this week, by Thursday or Friday.

For those who requested semiconductor sets, they are on the way. Held up a bit at my end b/c of some discussion about diodes, sorry.

Notes on Components

There are no SMDs or unique or hard-to-source components in this power supply. All components have substitutes.

All components are available from Mouser.com, however they can often be found elsewhere at a lower cost. None of the components are unique, and some should be chosen according to the intended power supply voltage, for example the rectifier diodes, the electrolytic capacitors, etc.

For transformer secondary voltage up to 33V AC, use an MBR10100, or any similar Schottky rectifier diode rated at 100V. The advatages of using Schottky diodes with higher than 100V breakdown voltage diminish rapidly, and they are harder to find.

For transformer voltage over 33VAC (>100V breakdown voltage), use MSR860G or any similar soft-recovery rectifier diode in TO-220AC package.

Using Mouser only, and with the higher voltage rectifier diodes, the total component cost will be closer to $25 than the original $20 (not including the electrolytic caps), but it can be cut down quite a bit. Prices vary - it pays to shop around.

Electrolytic capacitor voltage ratings should be chosen according to the supply voltages, and intended use.

J112 Jfets, and 3-mm LEDs ship with the circuit boards, because they are available in quantity 100+ at a fraction of the single-piece price.

Silicone insulators for the TO-220 components and heatsinks are usually available on Ebay with free shipping, at below normal distributor prices.

There is nothing unique about the heatsinks, footprints for the two I am using are below, shown for comparison.

Attachments

• PSU4 - Schematic.pdf
    43.9 KB · Views: 197
  • PSU4 (Bill Of Materials).pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 145
  • TO220_Heatsink2.jpg
    TO220_Heatsink2.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 479
  • TO220_Heatsink3.jpg
    TO220_Heatsink3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 425
  • TO220_Heatsink4.jpg