• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ivar, an external 5VDC power-supply for the analog part of the VCPre (the current flowing through the LDRs' LEDs, controlled
by the 100K potentiometer), like SALAS' shunt, makes no sense in my eyes.
The onboard MIC5205 is dedicated to this purpose only and gives you a very stable and precise 5VDC.

MBA: the PIC µProcessor is "asleep" during 99,99% of the time. The internal oscillator is deactivated and the µP is
consuming only some nW in this mode.
Only when you press a key on your remote handheld, the first falling edge of the serial RC5 - bitstream is causing
an interrupt to the µP, the µP "wakes up" then, decodes the bitstream, switches on/off the relays of the Soft-Power-On auxiliary PCB
(Resume from Standby/Standby) and goes into sleep-mode thereafter again.

Greeetings from my holiday island - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Nieblum.jpg
    Nieblum.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 222
Gentlemen: my brother, who takes care of my appartment while I am on holiday, sent me this picture this morning.
The VCPre V2.1 PCBs as well as my MOUSER order have arrived.
The TAMURA transformers seem to fit perfectly on the PCB! This has been a slight challenge to me, since the EAGLE software
does not provide a "package" for the TAMURAs, and I had to draw one by my own!
The TAMURA transformer supports both 115VAC and 230VAC mains.

Find attached the current order status.
I will write a PM to those, who did not pay yet.
And I will ask my brother to send the "Auxiliary PCBs" to Peter, who will once more cut them.

Have a nice day (the weather changed on Föhr since yesterday: it is very cloudy) - best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• VCPre 006.jpg
    VCPre 006.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Image1.png
    Image1.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
+ has anybody got a source of motorized pot , not Mouser, something with reasonable delivery charge.

This is holding up my build too.

If a minimum 3 other U.K. people were interested (for a total of 4 pots) I would be willing to put in a Mouser order for the part.

I reckon I would be able to supply them for around £10-£11 including U.K. postage and a padded envelope.

Just to confirm the volume pot is:

BOURNS PRM162-K415K-104A2

PRM162-K415K-104A2 Bourns | Mouser

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.