• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So: you all know, what you are talking about :confused: ?
The MIC5202 is smaller than an ant. The distance between 2 legs is 1mm :eek:!

My old eyes start at 2.54mm.
I won't do this myself, but will politely ask somebody to solder the 5 SMD parts of the VCPre-PCB for me.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• SMD 011.jpg
    SMD 011.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 404
  • SMD 009.jpg
    SMD 009.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 403
Gentlemen, I have already begun with the packet assembling of your letters.
Be careful, when you unwrap the item wrapped in white RYO-cigarette-paper!
This is the "ANT-size-Voltage-Regulator MIC5205".

I do of course have to wait for the PCBs (they are on their way to me, somewhere between Hongkong and Frankfurt), METAL is working
on the software, "Mr. LDR (Uriah)" has ordered LDRs and will match them, and I myself am currently busy writing the building guideline.
Please wait with ordering the BoM, until you have received and read the builder's guide.
I will send it to you all via EMail.

@TUBO: I did not yet receive your money transfer. I will still wait for some days (will inform you per PM), but then - if not yet received -
I will substitute your name by somebody else's name.

Attachments

• SMD 002.jpg
    SMD 002.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Already ordered from Reichelt...

Gentlemen, I have already begun with the packet assembling of your letters.
Be careful, when you unwrap the item wrapped in white RYO-cigarette-paper!
This is the "ANT-voltage-regulator MIC5205".

I do of course have to wait for the PCBs (they are on their way to me, somewhere between Hongkong and Frankfurt), METAL is working
on the software, "Mr. LDR (Uriah)" has ordered LDRs and will match them, and I myself am currently busy writing the building guideline.
Please wait with ordering the BoM, until you have received and read the builder's guide.
I will send it to you all via EMail.

@TUBO: I did not yet receive your money transfer. I will still wait for some days (will inform you per PM), but then - if not yet received -
I will substitute your name by somebody else's name.

Hi Rudi,

I have already ordered the two lists you stated a few posts before. Is there any change? In fact the parts are coming from Reichelt...:confused:

Best Regards,

Jorge

No, not at all, Jorge!

But: what I will tell you in my builder's guide: take care that REICHELT has all of the needed components on stock, when you order the BoM!
Maybe you have not noticed, when you clicked on "Take it All" , that some parts are not on stock! These parts will miss then!

But let me tell you some very slight differences though: if you do not plan to use the "front-panel LCD" but like to do it as my German DIY-friend
ANDREAS did it (see image attached): you need "brighter shining relay-LEDs" and reduce the 3K3 relay-resistors to 1K, even to 680 Ohm.
And: you may find it useful to use a socket for the VCPre's fuse?!

Find attached an image of the front-panel of Andreas_FC-100 using the VCPre (but you will need an additional PCB to use
a McIntosh-like VU-meter and look at the LEDs labelled "1,2 and 3" ! The rightmost-hole in his front is used for the infrared-receiver).

Best regards - Rudi-Ratlos

Attachments

• FC 100 Aufbau 12.jpg
    FC 100 Aufbau 12.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
As I have already told you some time before:
My front-panel, using the VCPre, shall eventually look like this.

P.S.: Do you notice the difference between "PowerOn" and "Soft-Power-On (Standby) - using the SPO- auxiliary PCB"?

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
I have started working on the firmware. There is something that I need to say here:

The LCD that I and Rudi are using is 1x16 LCD, the addressing scheme of this LCD is different from normal 1x16 LCDs. So, people who decide to use 1x16 LCD should pay attention to the difference among 1x16 LCDs because not all of them use the same addressing scheme. This will cause incompatibility problems later on.

2X16 LCDs are also supported, and will display the temperature and update it continuously every 60 seconds minimum.

Hence, I am writing two firmware versions, one for 1x16 LCD that I and Rudi are using. This will use a remote button to display the temperature. The other version supports 2x26 LCDs, and will have space to display temperature on the 2nd line.

You must tell Rudi which version you intend to have and ask him what the model of this LCD is, or at least contact me by PM and let me know what model for 1x16 LCD you are going to use, I can tell from its datasheet whether it will work or not. This is for your convenience.

Good idea, Voxxonline!
What parts are you thinking about? The motorized potentiometer, LCD, ...?

I did not know about the differences of 16x1 LCDs, until I connected the one I bought (Manufactor: Electronic Assembly, ID: EA W161B-ENLW)
to my current VCPre-PCB version.
Allthough being called: "16x1 LCD" and being HD44870-compatible, the display is internally organized as 8+8 chars, having a specific addressing
scheme that differs from the addressing scheme of a 16x2 standard LCD, for example.
But I like this display very much, because it has big (9.6mm as compared to 5.5mm of a standard 16x2 device) letters!

Attachments

• Display 009.jpg
    Display 009.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 304
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.