• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dang!
My new S03 Musn't be far away!
S04 for 2 sources sounds cool!

Nice work Acko!

Your S03 is almost there :)

S04 can be used to connect to USB on one channel and Spdif on the other and select to reclock. Some people reckon Spdif from CD is far better than going through PC/USB route so thought it was a good option to provide this flexibility.

S05 and S07 up to 3 sources e.g. USB, Spdif, SDCard

acko: how's it going with the SPDIF->I2S board, with fsel output - getting any closer with this?

Also, have anybody tried any of the later Amanero firmwares, like 1096, 1097, 1099?? - and if so, is it still Slave_for_1080 CPLD that is what is used, or maybe Slave_RJLR CPLD?

Thought I'd update my Amanero - just in case - and wish I had not.

Using the firmware on this link...
Amanero Technologies
...and all I get is;
27/12/2016 16:47 Looking for device...
27/12/2016 16:47 Please Erase the Device.
- And the "CPU selection" is blank on the last go around, which suggests I am worse off now:(

Following the official guidelines here (as I did years ago the first time I did this);
Amanero Technologies

Unistalled and reinstalled the drivers with the Amanero disconnected to be sure;
Amanero Technologies

Windows devices says "unknown device" when I plug in.

Hi Acko. I have a spare SO3 (with 90/98MHz NKD oscillators) and I've acquired an Amanero board so I thought I would partner them up for another NoDac project using the Amanero DSD-only firmware. The aim is to run at DSD512 if possible.

I've not used an Amanero board with your SO3 before so can I shortcut searching through the thread with a couple of questions. I'm assuming oscillator speed should be higher than the data rate (DSD512 @ 22/24MHz)?

Clock divider on SO3 is currently /4 - can I/should I change to /2? Not sure if Amanero can accept a 45/49MHz clock input.

Assuming it will work at 45/49, what value/type of resistor should I use for the /2 clock divider?

Cheers

Ray

Hi Acko. I have a spare SO3 (with 90/98MHz NKD oscillators) and I've acquired an Amanero board so I thought I would partner them up for another NoDac project using the Amanero DSD-only firmware. The aim is to run at DSD512 if possible.

I've not used an Amanero board with your SO3 before so can I shortcut searching through the thread with a couple of questions. I'm assuming oscillator speed should be higher than the data rate (DSD512 @ 22/24MHz)?

Clock divider on SO3 is currently /4 - can I/should I change to /2? Not sure if Amanero can accept a 45/49MHz clock input.

Assuming it will work at 45/49, what value/type of resistor should I use for the /2 clock divider?

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray,

Your S03 board with 100M clocks can reclock up to DSD1024 so no problems with DSD512
Just use it as it is (/4) with Amanero with prescaler 1:1

Hello...

I'm coming really late to the party here. Bought a bunch of this stuff during earlier group buys, but had other projects that took a priority over this one.

So this is what I'm trying to do...

I have an Amanero, BBB (Volumio) with i2s only cape, Twisted Pear OTTOII 2:1 mux, and Acko's S03.

This is my plan...
I want synchronous clocking with both sources so I'm going to use the OTTOII 2:1 mux as an i2s switch. LRCK, BCK, and SDATA go thru the OTTO. MCK goes from both it's respective positions (pins and uFL) on the S03 to both the i2s cape and back to the Amanero. Theoretically, it looks like this would work, but not sure. 3v3 to the S03 will be set up on a switch to switch between both sources pwr to the S03 - Does this even matter? CKSEL will also be on a switch to switch between sources. I know this is low tech, but it seems it's the only way to make it work without the S05-S07. What do you guys think? Will my idea work?

Here is a pic of of what I'm trying to do...
iCloud Photo Sharing

Also is it 100% necessary to cut the trace on the S03 next to R3? I'm not populating R4.

Thanks,
Mull3t

Acko,

So I'll take that as I don't need to cut the trace next to R3 if I'm not using R4?

That's good to know that this should work. The Amanero portion most likely won't include UFL coax, so I'm going to try and have that source very close to the OTTO board. Unless I can find some sort of Amanero to UFL adapter board of course. I feel like I've seen one in the past either in this thread or elsewhere on diyaudio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.