• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amanero CKSEL Issues

I'm trying to work out some CKSEL issues with my full sync install (posted a question in the Amanero thread), but I was wondering - how can I best force X1 out and X2 in (simulate pin 11 high)? I'm thinking ground pin 2 and power pin 3 of J10? would 5V on pin 3 be too much?

Yes, you can manually select the clocks on the AKX302 module. Obviously I was thinking this would done automatically by Amanero but from the looks of it there may be a firmware issue with the Amanero unit. Until this is sorted try manually:

1. Disconnect any J10 (CKSEL) connection of AKX302 to the reclocker boards (S01/S02).
2. Tie pin#2 and pin#3 together and use the combined lines to connect/disconnect to XO 3.3V supply to select clocks accordingly.
e.g. Pin2/3 open -> X1 selected. Pin2/3 to 3.3V ->X2 selected.

I would not advise connection of the above to 5V supply as the XOs are running on 3.3V

Let us know if this works :)

Thanks Acko; it'll be great when these 'bleeding edge' applications of the Amanero are worked out. Your instructions make sense. I had to pack up my bench (in the middle of a move), so it'll be awhile before I can test and push forward. Hopefully, we'll have another firmware drop by then. Btw, boards arrived - thanks again!

Yes, you can manually select the clocks on the AKX302 module. Obviously I was thinking this would done automatically by Amanero but from the looks of it there may be a firmware issue with the Amanero unit. Until this is sorted try manually:

1. Disconnect any J10 (CKSEL) connection of AKX302 to the reclocker boards (S01/S02).
2. Tie pin#2 and pin#3 together and use the combined lines to connect/disconnect to XO 3.3V supply to select clocks accordingly.
e.g. Pin2/3 open -> X1 selected. Pin2/3 to 3.3V ->X2 selected.

I would not advise connection of the above to 5V supply as the XOs are running on 3.3V

Let us know if this works :)

I know this is no great achievement, but I have managed to get the Isolator working with the Amanero & the Amanero power from a separate supply. I bit of Bach playing now :)

Attachments

• 13-07-23 DAC 1 Amanero Isolator01.jpg
    13-07-23 DAC 1 Amanero Isolator01.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 658
No, not yet. Had to shelve it for a bit. My sense is that we need the upcoming firmware with CKSEL working as it should. Using slave2224 & 1074, pin 1 & 11 are not being remapped to provide the Hi/LO necessary to select the proper clock. Short of that it's working for me.

Did anyone manage to workout full sync method from the last page off Acko's appnote? Did anybody flashed 1077 or 1078 firmware from oemtool114?
I have almost all the components needed except il712.
BTW, received the board also half an hour ago. Thank you Acko.

Domenico has told me a new update tool and firm should be available soon, they'll have working XO selectors and /1, /2 and /4 dividers so up to 98.xxx should work. Also plenty new useful stuff for R2R DACs.

Excellent!
With dividers on Amanero itself we can bypass the Potsemi FF divider, so do not mount this part yet on the new S03 board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.