Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Group Buys Members group buys

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2014, 07:14 AM   #1481
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanh View Post
Whooohoooo! I have my S03 up and running with my very own diy adaptors. Hopefully the adaptors from Acko shall made it here before Chirstmas?!?
Right now I still have one more tweak with the SuperRegulators SSR-03 from Per-Anders but so far Me like very much!!! @Acko- can S03 accept negative voltage together with positive voltage at various voltage inputs?

S03 has added the extreme purity to the sound, everything sounding so refined, and obviously dead quieted dark background. From here, if I may say my digital frontend is nothing but completed! Well, unless R2R is coming out soon.

Thanks Acko for this beautiful piece of work, S03 that is!

Click the image to open in full size.
An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Many thanks for your efforts and feedback!
What was proposed as a concept has become a proven reality now!
Still sinking in and looking for ways to tweak this further. Real inspiration for future developments. Well done!

Apart from the reclocker action, the S03 outputs have fairly good drive to rev up to many floors of your high rise tower May be not all the way to the top but better than connecting naked signals direct from source previously.
Old 16th December 2014, 08:20 AM   #1482
nautibuoy is offline nautibuoy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

SuperCape EOI:

PET-240 x 2
Chanh x2
Acko x1
Stijn001 x1
Emyeuoi x 2
Mull3t x2
Myint 67x1
bk856er x1
Supersurfer x1
RollE2k x1
Crazikid x 1
Nautibuoy x1
Old 16th December 2014, 08:32 AM   #1483
nautibuoy is offline nautibuoy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollE2k View Post
Yes, i have been looking at those also - but no u.fl, and i would perfer one single board with all chips - for simplicity.
I'm planning on building a headphone amplifier, with tube parafeed output stage, that i'm going to use this for.
Since PCM1794 is less picky about i/v stage input impedance then ES9018 it would probably be perferable. Plus it would be fun to try the PCM1794 in a good setup with short i2s paths, and reclocked signal.

Could you adapt one of Acko's little ufl boards (DDAC, BBB, etc) to provide ufl connections to a TP COD dac? I've not checked in detail but it looks like it might be feasible?

Ray
Old 16th December 2014, 08:57 AM   #1484
giulio is offline giulio  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjames View Post
Acko: DDDAC-UFL Bare Board X1, DDDAC-UFL (with UFL mounted) X1
IanS1: DDDAC-UFL (with UFL mounted) X2
Myint67 DDDAC -UFL (with Ufl mounted )x2
Stijn001: DDDAC-UFL (with Uf.L.'s mounted) 2x
Dwjames: DDDAC-UFL (with Uf.L.'s mounted) 1x
Sorry I got lost in the acronyms for the boards this is what I need.

Giulio: BBB - UFL (1x) + BIII - UFL (1x) both with UFL mounted

IanS1: DDDAC-UFL (with UFL mounted) X2
Myint67 DDDAC -UFL (with Ufl mounted )x2
Stijn001: DDDAC-UFL (with Uf.L.'s mounted) 2x
Dwjames: DDDAC-UFL (with Uf.L.'s mounted) 1x

Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 09:09 AM   #1485
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

SuperCape EOI:

PET-240 x 2
Chanh x2
Acko x1
Stijn001 x1
Emyeuoi x 2
Mull3t x2
Myint 67x1
bk856er x1
Supersurfer x1
RollE2k x1
Crazikid x 1
Nautibuoy x1
DQ828 x 1
Old 16th December 2014, 01:55 PM   #1486
Chanh is offline Chanh  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
Chanh,

Hope you have received the boards by now.
Just realised. while checking carefully, there is a pitch error with the DDDCA-UFL boards - 2mm instead of 2.54mm
I will to redo your boards for replacement but will take another 2 weeks to sort out.

Shipment to others have also been recalled!

Really sorry for the issues
Hi Acko,

Your package still has not arrived. It's 22:47 in the evening of 16th Dec 2014.
I think it fairs to say that I was not mean to have these adaptors!?!? If you do not mind and also per our corresponding email, grateful for the refund here on for I to move on!

I still interested in the SuperCape whenever is available. Will make necessary payment when the time comes.
Regards,
Chanh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (69.8 KB, 89 views)
Old 16th December 2014, 02:16 PM   #1487
Chanh is offline Chanh  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
Many thanks for your efforts and feedback!
What was proposed as a concept has become a proven reality now!
Still sinking in and looking for ways to tweak this further. Real inspiration for future developments. Well done!

Apart from the reclocker action, the S03 outputs have fairly good drive to rev up to many floors of your high rise tower May be not all the way to the top but better than connecting naked signals direct from source previously.
There is no doubt this S03 has lifted the sound from my setup, despite I have exhausted all funding to ensure only the best are in placed within my system synergy. By that I meant of the following;
Dedicated an audio 20A powerline from front power meter direct to audio room. This line is downstream into AU$7,000 PS Audio Perfecwave Power Plant P10 which is supplying all my Tubes/Vavles mono blocks poweramps and CJ preamp. It is also powered DAC tower and your S03. The rest of my digital front, laptop, USB-HDD, audio router, switch are on a seperate 10A powerline which downstream to a 5kVA balance isolated transformer which is then supplying all frontend CA through applicable linear power supplies. Aircond and room lighting are each on a dedicated line of its own to mitigate noises!
With the above, S03 still provides a noticeable improvement to the sound. My next upgrade is the $750 Pulsar Clock. Do you do this upgrade on my existing S03?

Cheers.
Chanh

Last edited by Chanh; 16th December 2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 16th December 2014, 02:54 PM   #1488
BrianDonegan is offline BrianDonegan  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
Acko

Can you tell me what the difference will be between (assuming you know) the Supercape and the cape TP are working on?

David
The biggest difference is that we are (and have been since we started the project) working with Miero, so his software and our hardware are being designed collaboratively. This has many benefits, chief of which is that there is no guesswork, and that we can get changes made as needed.

I would love to post more details, as we generally like to share our work with the DIY community (schematics, etc), but I think it's clear that some people think it's cool to copy ideas commercially, so we need to keep some things secret for now

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but, it is what it is.
Old 16th December 2014, 05:03 PM   #1489
smanz is offline smanz  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
The biggest difference is that we are (and have been since we started the project) working with Miero, so his software and our hardware are being designed collaboratively. This has many benefits, chief of which is that there is no guesswork, and that we can get changes made as needed.

I would love to post more details, as we generally like to share our work with the DIY community (schematics, etc), but I think it's clear that some people think it's cool to copy ideas commercially, so we need to keep some things secret for now

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but, it is what it is.
Some other people think it's a good idea that DIY community contribute ideas to improve the result. Thus, what was to be a Raspberry cape, ultimately will be a BBB cape.

But the really important thing is to have a cape before the BBB is discontinued.

Regards
Old 16th December 2014, 05:22 PM   #1490
BrianDonegan is offline BrianDonegan  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanz View Post
Some other people think it's a good idea that DIY community contribute ideas to improve the result. Thus, what was to be a Raspberry cape, ultimately will be a BBB cape.
Yes, we do that as well.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GBHide this!Advertise here!