• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F6 Convertible Clone boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
There are not many resistors in the amp, so we can try some nice parts, I guess. At least I would try PRP and these naked TX2575(but I do not like the idea of a resistor without a casing, though :).

It would be great to make GB for SumR's and resistors, you can count on me, Buzz! Thanks :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Good day all. It's superbowl Sunday, a national holiday almost here.

All of the paid F6Convertible board payed orders have been sent.
If you did not recieve a stamps dot com email notification, let me know - so I can confirm it is sent.

I do have additional boards available as well if anyone is interested.

Tea.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Just to show how cool the boards are:
hupuqebu.jpg

:)

I am psyched!!! My Cinemags arrived on Monday and I ordered all the stuff from Mouser yesterday...should be delivered tomorrow.

Just need to tap some holes in the sinks and I should be good to go.

Only major issue is that I am using a PSU designed for a different amp. Currently it runs at 32V running at about 150mA per channel. Jacked up to 1.5A per channel I suspect around 28V according to PSUD.

I have enough jfets to run cascoded, 28V will be pushing it for the 2sj's.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Maybe run two pairs parrallel and degenrate them. But I would not let the voltage be the limiting factor.
Just bias lower to start.
I am psyched!!! My Cinemags arrived on Monday and I ordered all the stuff from Mouser yesterday...should be delivered tomorrow.

Just need to tap some holes in the sinks and I should be good to go.

Only major issue is that I am using a PSU designed for a different amp. Currently it runs at 32V running at about 150mA per channel. Jacked up to 1.5A per channel I suspect around 28V according to PSUD.

I have enough jfets to run cascoded, 28V will be pushing it for the 2sj's.

What is the VA rating of your toroid? 28v wil not hurt the FE Jfets at all, assuming you degenerate them.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
In case you didn't see, and I don't think I posted it here.

Here is my blog on the F6 board. Not a full blown construction guide, but gives a visual of a working board and the possible jumper spots.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/tea-bag/941-f6-clone-convertible-pcb-blog.html

For those who purchased the power supply boards, here is a blog about those.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/tea-bag/923-dual-rail-power-supply-f5t-f6.html

You got to remember to jumper the grounds where it mentions that.

Tea

Good day all. It's superbowl Sunday, a national holiday almost here.

All of the paid F6Convertible board payed orders have been sent.
If you did not recieve a stamps dot com email notification, let me know - so I can confirm it is sent.

I do have additional boards available as well if anyone is interested.

Tea.

Hi Tea-Bag,

If you have these, can I have one set of F6 main boards, 1 daughter card set, hardware kit and one set of extra male pins for the daughter card, along with the dual rail power supply?

What would be the total cost?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.