• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

Anyone receive RN65 parts for the 330R resistors? These will not fit in the footprints. Also, I received RN55 for the RIAA parts. I thought these were supposed to be RN65?? I also received 4pcs 2k RN55. Any idea what these are for?

Oops...meant to post this in the Paradise PARTS thread.

Last edited:
Hello J.
But what is the reason nobody shows up with
a center tapped, real symmetric, MC-cart ?
To me, as an immaculate fool, this should be possible.
Not ?

Wuld it present benefit over the floating configuration?

OF course It is possible just need 6 pins on cart 6 vires on arm...

Is it practical and cost efective solution? I mean if making balanced Cart has advantages some one could charge a K or 2 more and sell it.
I am shure they would and have investigated this if just for the novelty fact and the money making doors that this oppens

What is appening with strain gauges Cart?

The problem would be to make all 4 coils the same.
A small percentage of difference in the impedance would destroy the common mode rejection.
I think floating balanced is a good compromise.
Microphones in studios and life are connected that way and out of good reason.
OK, the cables may be much longer there and the environment is harsher then a high end home altair.
Anyway, so far the balanced input Paradise is not ready.
We have some trouble with the servo.

Partly it is a matter of definition.
Real balanced has two independent out of phase outputs referenced to ground.
Nobody i know of has build it so i can only speculate.
Anyway, mostly i get dead quiet results with single ended too.
On my turntable though balanced is more quiet concerning hum.
That is because my Spiral Groove Centroid tonearm is from Carbon and does not shield the inside wires. The turntable is a big piece of metal though and it is earthed so it provides some shielding. It is just that i get even better results with balanced.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Short update: The parcels are out the door, expect them to arrive in the next couple weeks. Unfortunately, as experience shows, the transit time is somewhat unpredictable. In Germany it can be a couple days, but for the US it can be 2 weeks.

Should they not arrive within a reasonable time, send me a PM and I will track it down

happy bastling!!