• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any idea what you could get the PRP resistors for in quantity? They are really quite nice. (and look fantastic!)

I will ge them at a price where they will cost what RN55D do in small quantity. They are part of the premiuim kit on the GB sheet. If you want them asa part of the standard kit, just specify this to the side.

Ok,
This will be the complete kit for F5T V3 ..? I must confess There have been so mnay offerings , boards, trannies, now kits .. :confused:

I respectfully reserve the right to not having a clue to what I have signed up for , hopefully no animals nor fets were harmed while Making these decisions...

I'm lost ..:)

PM me with any questions and I will do my best to clarify. I am offering kits to go with the fets and diodes I am selling. I judt thought it would be nice to have most of the stuff coming from a single source. You'll save a decent amount of money just on shipping. I will also be offering TeaBags' boards with my kit as well. THey are what I will be using and I should have a working prototype to OOH AAH at this weekend. It will be a bigger version of the amp in the picture. Lets face it, nobody cares how they look, right.

Hey Wayne your not the only one. Evette

PM me with any questions!

I am interested as well...but lost....just like the last two people...

Is there a 'Build your own F5T for dummies ?' LOL

Most likely looking at the premium V3 two channel kit + FQAs (how many do I need ?) + whats the deal with the MURs ??

Are there any PCBs for this anywhere ??

For stereo V3, you will need two quads of the FQA fets. You will also need 20 of the diodes. I have kept these seperate formthe kits because folks are buying extr for other things and because of matching service. The kits will haev all that you need except intangables like RCA jacks, binding post, IEC outlets. They willinclude what is needed to fill the pcb. I am offering TeaBags boards with my kits. I like his layout better, just my opinion. The store has PSU boards if needed, or you can etch your own. Any other questions, send me a PM or email.

Attachments

• Mini AJ.JPG
    Mini AJ.JPG
    760.4 KB · Views: 826
THe kit includes the components, not the boards. They will be added for those who want them. As they are in beta testing, the final price is unknown. That should be resolved shortly. This allows flexibility for those who want other board types. There is not PSU board planned by TeaBag, but we have talked about it. THere are two options in that regard. The store PSU board and Brian GT PSU boards at chipamp.com. I may try to talk TeaBag into some PSU boards, but that is 100%, his call.

Soon to be F5T V3. This will be where i take measurements for beta build using TeaBag's boards. Hopefully everything should be mounted this weekend.

Cool...Im waiting before I put my name down. Buzz, you think this would be too much of a DIY project for me since I have never built anything yet? I have the skills as far as soldering and such...just not anything else.

Couple of things. I think it my be worth considering changing the PRP resistors for Welwyn R55y. They are superior in noise performance to the PRP and there is evidence that the PRP are inconsistent on some level. I may get both and offer Welwyn as option. Also, V3 folks need to consider dual supply. I missed this in the article but it was suggested by Nelson. I think the main reason is heat, but the extra capacitance doesnt hurt. I have 22000 uF cps, so i didn't thin about it. I will change the price sheet to reflect extra PSU components. Here is the article about resistor noise.

https://dcc.ligo.org/public/0002/T0900200/001/current_noise.pdf

The Welwyn are down there with ZFoil resistors S102

I am interested in a stereo pair of kits for V3. Is this going to happen anytime soon? I have the transformers and heat sinks and am getting anxious to get started. 380 sq. inches and about 40 lbs. per mono block for the sinks and 1200va @36 volts for the trans. Am I in the neighborhood?

Fets will be purchased this week and other componenets ordered. It all depends on shipping times of the components. I am expecting a month or two matching time on the fets. For those who buy kits, I will only charge one shipping rate, even if they have to be shipped at seperate times. THe things I will be waiting on are the Premiuim capacitors and resistors.

My buld is happening here. I am using TeaBag's boards and can provide them if desired.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/212471-my-f5t-v3-build.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.