• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Hi Ian,

When will you release the TransportPi? I would like to upgrade my DigiOne to FiFoPi+TransportPi

I'm trying to run a new GB by the end of this month. Both ReceiverPi and TransportPi will have special GB price(special price will last 4 weeks). ShieldPi PCB will be for free. And I have some finished/untested I/V STD board will also be free for parts (most of them are fully functional without problem, only need doing some re-solder work to the connectors).

Please keep watching if you are interested in.

Regards,
Ian

Hi Ian,

In the manual of the ESS controller I read that it can also be used with other ESS dacs. Can it be used to control the TPA Buffalo-IIIse-Pro?

Kind Regards
Frank

So far no. Unless upgrading new FW.

Hi Frank,

I asked Ian the same question, but he replied that the ESS controller cannot control the pro versions (ES9028pro and ES9038pro).

Thanks Joey!

Regards,
Ian

ESS controller board firmware update with oled turn off timing option would be nice...
Do I have to order some board(s) from new GB to receieve ShieldPi PCB?
Have some second thoughts about ordering LL1544A... still going with STD I/U populated with PCM1612...
BTW Thanks for new ESS Controller board.

I'm trying to run a new GB by the end of this month. Both ReceiverPi and TransportPi will have special GB price(special price will last 4 weeks). ShieldPi PCB will be for free. And I have some finished/untested I/V STD board will also be free for parts (most of them are fully functional without problem, only need doing some re-solder work to the connectors).

Please keep watching if you are interested in.

Regards,
Ian
Hi Ian, I'm interested and will be looking for the details.

I'm interested in building a streamer, consisting of a RPi, FiFoPi Reclocker board and a I2S to HDMI output board. I am searching for a good aluminium case that could contain these boards including a linear power supply or battery supply.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a brand and/or model for such a case?

I'm interested in building a streamer, consisting of a RPi, FiFoPi Reclocker board and a I2S to HDMI output board. I am searching for a good aluminium case that could contain these boards including a linear power supply or battery supply.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a brand and/or model for such a case?

As Simon mentioned, Audiophonics has a good set.

As I've gotten an earlier project of Ian, the footprint is slightly larger. I bought a quite big case from Audiophonics, maybe too big. But the quality is very nice.

If I were you, I would also order a set of clocks from them as well. I've gotten a few different parts (for the battery charger kit) from Mouser and the LiFePo4 batteries from Conrad. It still runs stable. Except the clocks... using crystaks, but I believe I messed something up, soldering the clocks (no good tools)

So after looking around seems I figured out what the deal is with this GB.

Just curious - what's the benefit of going with the dual mono 9038 Dac Hat vs. the single 9028 Dac Hat?

They have similar performance. But with a little bit difference in sound style. Most people that pick up the ES9038Q2M dual mono because of it's newer. ES9028 Q2M DAC is overlooked.

You can search my old post for more information.

Regards,
Ian