• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Hi guys,

Thank you so much. I'm busy processing GB2019 orders.

Many were shipped yesterday. More shipment will be on Monday. Tracking numbers were updated to your Paypal once packages are shipped.

If you get confirmation email from Paypal, that means I received your payment.So, no worry at all.

Processing your order may take a couple of days. But I'll try may best to make it as fast and safe as possible.

Please send email to me if you have any question. Don't forget including your order number in your email if your have, it will help me finding your files faster.

Good weekend.
Ian
Ian,

Will we receive a PP invoice from you with the total amount due, and requesting shipping info? I'm on the list, but haven't heard anything other than this email update from you.

Rick

There are many ways to stream music. BBB is one, there are other single board computers, or even other computers not to mention commercial based streamers (most of which are SPDIF output only). Some also use a microrendu (essentially a SBC) to stream over the network connect to the USB input on their DAC.

You could stream from a BBB through the TP boards, but the FIFO should be before the Hermes board.

So it should go BBB > Fifo > TP Hermes > TP Cronus.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
There are many ways to stream music. BBB is one, there are other single board computers, or even other computers not to mention commercial based streamers (most of which are SPDIF output only). Some also use a microrendu (essentially a SBC) to stream over the network connect to the USB input on their DAC.

You could stream from a BBB through the TP boards, but the FIFO should be before the Hermes board.

Thanks, but what I'm getting at is I'd like to pass the signals from the TP Cronus to IANs dual 9038 dac board and the Control display pcb.

Would passing the I2S and clock lines from the Cronus to IANs dac work?

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
@ Ichiban

But how can you put Ian's dac hat on a TP Cronus pcb ??? It's a plug&play design for the FiFoPi only. Now if you have an I2S output on the Cronus you can do it perhaps but with a big diy effort : you will need to route the I2S outputt to the Ian' dac plug made for the FiFoPi only which is at the botom of the pcb : not an easy thing as it's made for long pin strips. The sound will be not so good cause the extra length of cable, bad ground return of I2S signals, mismatch of the impedance will waste the effort of this design ! You will need also to find a standalone powersupply for the dac board... all those efforts sends you in a more expensive zone than buying a FiFoPi... you will need a renderer which is GPIO header Rpi compatible though.
Hope this helps, regards.

Last edited:
Ian,

Will we receive a PP invoice from you with the total amount due, and requesting shipping info? I'm on the list, but haven't heard anything other than this email update from you.

Rick

Thanks Rick,

After I did that GB2019 post, I received most of the order from. So I started to process the orders right away.

All people on the list will be guaranteed to be supplied with all the items. Reminding message will also be send later to those if I didn't receive order form form.

Back order will be placed at once for items that run out stock.

Regards,
Ian

And what’s the point in that?

The Botic driver for BBB is designed to work well with the TP Cronus Hermes combo. It is not a reclocker, cronus is a master clock for the BBB and Hermes is just an isolator.

The Ian’s FIFO should, when in desperate need for recklocking, go after the Cronus.

I already have a working BBB Hermes Cronus setup for dam1121, and I ordered the new FiFoPi.
As I don’t have measurement equipment it will be a subjective comparative shoot out.
If I can spend some money I’ll go get the quantasylum for comparing the two sources against each other.

GB2019 parcel received in NY:

Attachments

• GB2019.jpg
    GB2019.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:
Nice!

What is the gauge of the wiring you used?

I use the 16 awg wires.

And I have upgraded the oscillators with CCHD-957, it has more resolution than original. But I like original also, it sounds smooth and a little sweet.

I have also bought NDK NZ2520SDA, but I have no adapters for them.

Hi Ian, do you have adapters of NDK NZ2520SDA now?
Thanks!