• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Hello Ian

Item posted has been received_safe and sound.
Most pleased with the quality of your work_impressive.
Thank You!

Yours Sincerely
John

PS
Not quite sure about how and where I'm going to use it
at this stage_probably to mod my MERIDIAN 800 (early version).

Hi John,
Thank you for your update. What clock oscillators did you use? You will make a lot of new discovery. Have fun with the KIY. Nice weekend.

Wow, very impressive, I am truly inspired by the quality of the work, and the clean professional kits.

Hope there are still some kits available!

This is really an amazing project, can't wait to try it.

For now, I would like to buy the dual XO board, for use as a clock for my PCM4202/PCM4222 Delta-Sigma ADC's.

Is there any word on the FIFO board supporting DSD?

I imagine it would support DSD encapsulated in PCM ala dCs, but would raw DSD work? If it is a question of data rate, it should be possible.

Wow, very impressive, I am truly inspired by the quality of the work, and the clean professional kits.

Hope there are still some kits available!

This is really an amazing project, can't wait to try it.

For now, I would like to buy the dual XO board, for use as a clock for my PCM4202/PCM4222 Delta-Sigma ADC's.

Is there any word on the FIFO board supporting DSD?

I imagine it would support DSD encapsulated in PCM ala dCs, but would raw DSD work? If it is a question of data rate, it should be possible.

Hi alexcount,

Thank you for interesting. I only have a couple of KIT reserved for some previous order. You have to wait until I confirm some of them is available. Sorry about that.

To support DSD, it would be another FIFO project. Not only because the timing of DSD stream is totally different from I2S, but also the data is much more. It will need more memory, 4Mb will be not enough for buffering DSD.

I'm still hesitating...if...I'm.. to spend another couple of month to develop a DSD FIFO :).

Regards,

Hoping to hook up to a basic NOS TDA1541 DAC board (a semi-corrected red barron) next week.

Few questions after reading the excellent documentation :

Hoping to hook it up to a no frills TDA1541A over Easter break.

It will be RBCD only - Legato - Spif BNC -Spdif interface pcb - i2s out - fifo- reclocker- NOS modified TDA1541 redbaron PCB.

Few questions:

1. The spdif board came with only one BNC cable, I was assuming this wasn't as important (since its pre-Fifo) and would use the FPC/FFC 1.0mm ?

2. I did order an extra set of the BNC cables for the final I2S output. But I need a set of the micro-bnc sockets for my DAC board, anyone have a digikey or Mouser part number ?

3. Also I just need confirmation that the spdif board and the fif/reclock have good regulation on board and we just need to supply a decent LM317 DC ?

4. Last since this is going to be RBCD only, do I need to change the crystal on the spdif board (24.576 mhz) to a 512x44.1= 22.5792 clock, I am confused as to the choice of 48x512 for that crystal

Please bear with me and I apologize for all the question but working wihout a schematic (completely understand why) is a bit of a challenge for how I normally put together a project ?

Last edited: