Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2019, 01:43 PM   #3421
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersurfer View Post
Hi Ian,

Is it possible to modify the non isolated power supply on the battery board so it is always on?

This would be very helpfull for running distributions like Moode/volumio without the risk that the power supply is stopped on low battery and corrupting the sd card.
Hi Supersurfer,

It is possible,

Hardware solution would be easier. Software solution also good be need more time.

Please let me know.

Have a good weekend.
Ian
Old 14th April 2019, 01:45 PM   #3422
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paoloilpizzo View Post
an easter gift
I'm waiting with trepidation
Of course

Ian
Old 15th April 2019, 01:21 AM   #3423
ofswitched is offline ofswitched  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deenoo View Post
Hi Ian,
What is the difference between LifePo4 and LifePo4 mkII?
Thx! D'
I hope that MKII can include a short circuit protection, overheat detection and other common BMS functions to make the LifePo4 power supply safer and more reliable. It is also best to allow the user to turn off the automatic charging function and allow manual charging.

It is better to be able to display the status of each battery. If a battery is found to be abnormal, it should be automatically turned off to avoid damage to other batteries.

In short, the sound quality is very important, but safety is more important, especially the LifePo4 battery is purchased by the user, the battery quality and characteristics are not the same, so the LifePo4 power supply must consider more unpredictable conditions.

Last edited by ofswitched; 15th April 2019 at 01:28 AM.
Old 15th April 2019, 05:14 PM   #3424
Supersurfer is offline Supersurfer  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Hi Supersurfer,

It is possible,

Hardware solution would be easier. Software solution also good be need more time.

Please let me know.

Have a good weekend.
Ian
Thanks.
What would the hardware solution be? Can you share your idea or schematic?
Old 15th April 2019, 05:45 PM   #3425
Greg Stewart is offline Greg Stewart  United States
diyAudio Member

@iancanada & @supersurfer,

I have some thoughts on the 'always-on' state for the LiFePO4 supply, but think it is better to take them over to the main thread on this product here:

Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply

That way we can keep as much of the IP on the unit in one place as possible.

Sound good?

Greg in Mississippi
Old 17th April 2019, 06:08 PM   #3426
pinnocchio is offline pinnocchio  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian,

I've sent you some emails regarding a feature that I would love to see on your DAC, unfortunately, I don't know if this email is answered by you or someone that helps you with the group buy. So I will ask my question here if you don't mind.

I've been using Tidal High Res along with Roon Audio for managing my music library, Tidal and my different DACs/Zones. Since Tidal is now going full MQA for high resolution masters and that Roon is capable of doing only the first unfold of MQA, the rest has to be done by the DAC itself.

My question was to know if you plan on supporting MQA at a later date. I know there could be licensing fees but I would be willing to pay my share to be able to enjoy MQA at its full potential.

Could that be something of interest to you?

Thanks
Do
Old 19th April 2019, 05:24 PM   #3427
pinnocchio is offline pinnocchio  Canada
diyAudio Member

ESS is coming soon with new DAC chips that will support native complete unfold of MQA files. This will be great because the product no longer need rigorous tests from MQA org. I believe they will have Pro and mobile chips as well.
Old 19th April 2019, 06:00 PM   #3428
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchio View Post
ESS is coming soon with new DAC chips that will support native complete unfold of MQA files. This will be great because the product no longer need rigorous tests from MQA org. I believe they will have Pro and mobile chips as well.
It is great only if you believe the MQA woo.
Old 19th April 2019, 06:23 PM   #3429
chi0001 is offline chi0001  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

anyone know how to connect it?
i tried but very little sound coming out, the ess controller i already set to 0db.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tks_20_iv.jpg (226.7 KB, 428 views)
Old 19th April 2019, 07:36 PM   #3430
Supersurfer is offline Supersurfer  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

The tamura does not have a center tap on output so You will not be able to run differential.
You can connect same numbers. Only 5 must not be connected to 5 but to ground on pcb (or left floating)
Probably better to let 2 loose as well, I do not know how it is routed on pcb.
Tamura is very nice stuff!

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buyHide this!Advertise here!