• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

FifoPi clock side has no problem power 24/7. When turn off, you will still have the continuous output, but the charging circuit will be connected too so the voltage will not drop. SYNC mode work for continouse output.

Continuous mode has the best low ESR performance and and will be even more clean than the switched output.

Ian
Thank you Ian for the clarification. I did not understand the part where the charging circuit will be connected when the on/off switch is turned off thus not letting the caps to discharge. Now it all makes sense.

RPi doesn't output native DSD over GPIO, You just need to enable the DoP and the FifoPiQ7 will output native DSD.
By default, the hardware DoP to native DSD convertor was enabled in the FifoPiQ7.

It's better to setup the ES9038Q2M Dual Mono DAC at SYNC mode with local 1000MHz XO removed and connect the MCLK cable to FifoPiQ7
Optimized settings
PCM DPLL bandwidth 1
DSD DPLL bandwidth 1
all other settings keep default

You can download the user's manual for more details
https://github.com/iancanada/Docume...ualMonoDacHAT/ES9038Q2MPiDualMonoIIManual.pdf

Ian

Hello, recently purchased PurePi II 5V+3.3V, and FifoPiMa V1.5, +Monitor Pi and to use alongside with my Raspberry pi and ProtoDac HAT. I have a few questions hoping to get cleared up.

My goal is to use this solely as a MOODE streamer, not using any digital input for now.

Question 1:
I'm planning on connecting up. Purepi -> Raspberry Pi -> Fifo -> Protodac is that the recommended stacking order? Am I missing anything?

Question 2: I know the 3v output form purepi connects to the fifo, and the second 5v terminal is optional. Can I use this to power the ProtoDac? I removed the two 5v GPIO Pins (2,4) when soldering the Proto dac (per their instructions), and I'm currently using a second 5v wall wart with it. I'd love to minimize this and wire the DAC into the PurePi, but unsure if it can drive the GPIO + Fifo and protodac.

Question 3:
What spike feet do you recommend for the Pure PI?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
I have the UcPureMkIII ultracapacitor power supply, UcBalancer protection board KIT and two Eaton XL60-3R0308T-R (3.0v) in the mail that is going to power the FifoPi Q7II.
The way I understand it, the UcBalancer should be 2.7v default mode, and the UcPureMkIII in 3.3v mode by shorting s2,s4 and s6 on the back of the PCB with solder balls.
The manual says jumper settings. but can't see any jumpers in any of the pictures I've seen?
is this correct:unsure:

Regards Roy

FifoPi clock side has no problem power 24/7. When turn off, you will still have the continuous output, but the charging circuit will be connected too so the voltage will not drop. SYNC mode work for continouse output.

Continuous mode has the best low ESR performance and and will be even more clean than the switched output.

Ian
In this case the UcPure AC input would have to remain on all the time for it to charge when the voltage drops correct?