• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

How do you interface with a TPA BII?

Does anyone know how to interface this with a TPA BII?

Ian gave me some pointers but does anyone know what has to be modified on the BII and connection diagram?

"for a Sabre DAC, because of the internal async clock with DPLL, you have to run it at synchronize mode in order to optimize fifo effect. Some smart guys are figuring out how to achieve this. My fifo could support 1024fs, and the dual xo clock board has a resvered double speed mode with which you can use up to 45.1584M and 49.152M oscillators running all Fs from 44.1K to 192Khz with 256Fs,512Fs and 1024Fs."

Qusp, are you the "smart guy" he was referring to? :D

Ciao!
Do

it would appear i am, thanks for the inverted commas btw :D

have you got the right clocks? you need to disable the BII onboard clock by removing its power, then feed MCLK from the fifo reclock board to X1 on the 9018. you should do this as neatly as possible, you could use twisted pair, or a u.fl connector with either a oe sided cable with the connector on the fifo side and soldered on the other, or by finding a suitable place to solder in a u.fl socket on the BII board. i'm not working with the BII, so probably someone who is playing with syncronous clocking on that may be better suited to show where theyve done it. you could have a look in the waveIO thread, we were discussing it in there a while ago

it would appear i am, thanks for the inverted commas btw :D

have you got the right clocks? you need to disable the BII onboard clock by removing its power, then feed MCLK from the fifo reclock board to X1 on the 9018. you should do this as neatly as possible, you could use twisted pair, or a u.fl connector with either a oe sided cable with the connector on the fifo side and soldered on the other, or by finding a suitable place to solder in a u.fl socket on the BII board. i'm not working with the BII, so probably someone who is playing with syncronous clocking on that may be better suited to show where theyve done it. you could have a look in the waveIO thread, we were discussing it in there a while ago

Thanks!

I'm still waiting for my WaveIO board but I am really interested in this project. I'll go and read this part of the thread I have obviously missed!

What is your comment on SQ or difference between just WaveIO + DAC and WaveIO + FIFO + DAC?

Edit : Found it on post 209 - 220 of this thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...-based-asynchronous-usb-i2s-interface-21.html in case it can help anyone..

Ciao!
Do

Last edited:
What is your comment on SQ or difference between just WaveIO + DAC and WaveIO + FIFO + DAC?

Way off topic for the GB thread but ... qusp and I could try that in a month or so if you really want to know.

qusp doesn't have a waveio, but I will soon (though qusp does already have just a few options for usb audio devices!). I don't have a FIFO kit, but qusp does already. We're only a reasonably short drive apart, depends how well our respective schedules line up and how badly we both want to know the answer really!

to clarify as well, i do have ermm 2 x buff II, 2 x Ackodac AKD12P and 1 x AKD12 :eek: , but i'm only at this stage playing with syncronous operation with the ackodacs, as the buffs are part of my transportable dac/headamp research which i'm at this stage running async, although i'm toying with the idea of building up one of these to install in it and running synchronous that too, but no fifo.

DX100 eat me :D

waveIO will be limited to 96k with syncronous mode unless the OSF is disabled even with the NDK. you need to double the clock speed to get 192 and then divide/2 for waveIO

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Still pcbs available?
I need to reduce jitter from my CD player (S/PDIF) & Hiface USB or Musiland Monitor 0.3US (I2S mod) as players how can integrate for BIII+4 channel SPDIF input+Sidecar combo? Can support 24BIT/352.8kHz for Musiland Monitor 03.US (I2S mod)?

Last edited:
Hi guys,
All the KIT with tracking number to the States were shipped yesterday. Tracking numbers were updated by PayPal.
However Canada Post has problem with tracking number to the other part of the world. I was told have to go either normal air mail (with $9USD refund), or go with express mail which will double the shipping. I apologize about that. I like Canada except the post office :( . please let me know what your choice.