• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

yes AR2, I remember your rather impressive jfet buffered XO, I just thought it was additional to, rather than instead of digital, as I remember you had several sabre dacs, as I do. there is now Jack for mac OS which would allow you to pickup the internet radio stream and send to the crossover, but by all means enjoy the music!

if only I had your skill and machinery, i'm struggling with casework to match the quality of the internals at the moment, something you seem to do without breaking a sweat.

I am sorry that you are not closer. I would be happy to help you. To make it easier, I have to say, even with my machinery, it is problem for me as well. Case work, if not done with CNC goes slow. My shop is not at my home but on the island, and I pretty much do not go there that often, just sometimes when wife is travelling. Than I typically stay until 1 or 2 AM to do as much as I can.
But when I am there it is heaven. I love doing it, since it is pure hobby and pleasure. But doing it without proper tools would be very frustrating, I quite well understand that. With metal, it is more about the tool than about skills. Certain things you just cannot do without tools.
I hope you find the way to make you project beautiful from outside as it is inside. Give me a buzz if you think I could be of any help to you.

Vladimir

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Sooner or later I am convinced that I will have to face the following questions so I better ask them now:

What are the best (low phase-noise) XO's around? As I know the fundamental importance of the XO, I am ready to spend a fair bit of $$ on these parts.

Would we not be able to get a good price by making a GB for these?

Cheers,

Nic

Sooner or later I am convinced that I will have to face the following questions so I better ask them now:

What are the best (low phase-noise) XO's around? As I know the fundamental importance of the XO, I am ready to spend a fair bit of $$ on these parts.

Would we not be able to get a good price by making a GB for these?

Cheers,

Nic

Hi

Sounds like interesting idea ...
I definitely would be interested...
Specially that with Ian re-clocker there is BIG expectation of "GAME OVER" with so many things that used to matter.... so seems that swapping XO's is the last thing to be left for us ...;)

At the "start" I will be using Tent Labs Clocks, have hear only nice things about them, well maybe just except the price... But still having something else from "top shelf" to compare and play with, sounds tempting at list.

Rosendorfer