• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Hi guys,
Thank you for interesting.

1. The FIFO KIT was designed for skilled audiophiles and DIYers, may not be suitable for all people. Please download the user guides and read them carefully before you making any decision.

2. I have a full time job, so I could only answer your questions at night during the week days. I'm sorry if there was any delay on replying.

2. All of the boards will be ready for delivery in a couple of days. Payment details will be sent by email very soon.

Regard from Canada,
Ian

Last edited:
Hello Ian,

So I read the manuals (excellent write up). Is it possible to support clocks with the next multiple of frequencies (45.xx, 49.xx MHz) so that MCK>192FS (or =256FS) for 192KHz sample rate? This is a requirement of the Sabre32 DAC.

Thanks

Thanks glt,

For the FIFO KIT, it is possible running 192KHz and 176.4KHz I2S at 256Fs MCLK by 49.152MHz and 45.1854MHz clocks on the Dual XO Clock board. The only things is, at the same time, the MCLK for 44.1KHz and 48KHz will become 1024Fs. Let me know when you really go with this configuration, I'll show you how.

Running the FIFO KIT with Sabre32 DAC would be very interesting experience. It comes with interanl DPLL. Together with low jitter clock from FIFO board, kinds of setting combination will be figured out.

Regards,
Ian

damn, I just came on here to ask the same question and also possibly list an unused 22.5792MHz crystek. i knew there was a reason nagging at me not to follow the fifo manual and had both loaded in the cart but deleted the 45 when i went over budget. Ian, can you send me the same instructions for 1024fs? also anyone in AU or Asia that wants an unopened 22.5792MHz crystek i may have one for sale, i guess at a slight discount from the mouser price; should be here in a couple of days.

all of my dacs are sabres, I use my usb for hi res input usually which wont run through the fifo and i guess i can run OSF bypass, but not being able to push the kit to the boundaries of its performance seems silly.

that being said i only bought the 22.5792MHz for now, for 44.1k content, which will still be fine i would think. so maybe i should just stick with it, but i will still need to know how to set up for the 24x clock when i buy it.

glt: as long as i'm not pushing 176.xxx through the 9012 it'll still be fine up to 88.2 right?

Last edited:
thanks glt, ok so my initial testing will have to be either just using the onboard clock of the ackodac in async mode and not connecting MCLK from the fifo at all (which seems a bit pointless), or running OSF bypass for both 22.1/24x integers till i get new clocks and set up the fifo for the sabre correctly.

my playlists are majority 44.1, with a scattering of hires, but i sometimes run OS in puremusic, so OSF off is not a big deal. the problem is i sometimes have mixed sample rates in my playlists including hires, so i guess working out the correct setup will be needed asap regardless, as i dont want any program errors coming through the speakers