• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Amplifier Kit & PCB Groupbuy, Worldwide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And updated!

@Jelle: I just find that if I offer a service, it better not be a bad service.
If you grow up in a car dealership for an expensive german manufacturer, you learn to work good and precise and quick.
You'll also be annoyed if someone asks "why are the other guys cheaper" (nobody did that here, which is one of the many reasons I like and endorse this specific audio-forum).
But you can't go out and charge a premium, even if its just two or three Euros, if you don't offer the corresponding service.

That is also why I upgraded my entire back-end for this groupbuy. Just to give you an idea:
I have purchased the Bento 4 database software for my MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone. Now I can assign orders to people (not the other way arround).
To cut the time at the post office, I have now bought a digital letterscale because my old one only goes up to 500g (new one: 2000g, the maximum weight per shipment).
To reduce the time I need to pack the stuff, I asked my neighbor if he can produce me some shipping boxes (pretty large factory for all things related to paper packaging material).
-> Even if a shipment is not handled very delicately, none of the kits will be damaged. Until now I unpacked the transformers and used their boxes for the component kits - very time-consuming.
-> To fill the shipping boxes, I have bought some bio-degradable stuffing. It can be disposed of via household trash, is cheap and doesn't pollute the environment.
And because the components can't be squeezed in the mail anymore, I don't need to press the DIP8-components into conductive foam.
I will now source the shipping labels via the online portal of the Deutsche Post / DHL, so I don't have to write the addresses by hand anymore (direct hand-off from Bento4 to franking tool).
I have created a sample-project in my Mouser account. Now I just need to select a quantity of kits and my shopping cart is done (except extras).

All of this is meant to reduce the time it takes for me to process your orders.
It is also one part of the reason why the prices went up a little.
Otherwise I just could not do this GB anymore, but this way it is quite easy and comfortable to handle.

Now: Happy ordering!

Last edited:
Hey Jokener, can i confirm that the larger B3 case is the same cost? are you considering getting the front panels milled? or is this assumed and i just missed this detail?

anyway put me down for

1 x B3 blue (I think)
Shipping to AU

when do i have till to choose the colour?, this is for a present and i'll try to surreptitiously find out what he will like without giving the game away

I must admit i'm surprised to see farnell used here as well, i find here in Australia they are always more expensive; are some parts not available anywhere else easy? the service is generally good and reasonably fast; with a good range, but they are enough more expensive that i just wait a little and get an order at mouser or DK as the shipping is paid for by the saving and theres a better range.

@qusp:
A little hint: The section labeled enclosure in the first post. The bold headline. :)
Price for the B2 is 20€, for the B3 it is 22€.
I know it was a lot of text and a little number like that can slip by quite easily... no worries ^^

As for Farnell:
They have an office in Germany with a semi-decent availability via phone.
Also, I don't use them for the components (Mouser), but for the enclosures.
During the first GB, the enclosures were not available at Mouser. I haven't checked since.
I am trying to contact boxenclosures (the manufacturer) to get a quote for 100 cases.
That should put the price for me well below any other dealer/merchant/supplier and be the shotgun-solution to this problem.
Either way, the prices are fixed and I will deliver the enclosures.
I am just worried that I get carried away here ^^ 1000€ worth of PCB's, 100 enclosures, 50 transformers...
Maybe I should ask diyaudio.com to change my name to O2-reseller :)

Anyway... I will order whatever is in the spreadsheet at the time I place the order.
(Thats the only thing that went wrong in the first GB so far. Someone didn't check the spreadsheet and I forgot to order his extras that were not in the spreadsheet.)
Of course its no problem to change colors up until the order.
Just shoot me a PM/eMail and post here to make sure I catch the change and update the spreadsheet.

Do you know of a better/cheaper supplier for the enclosures? I am always open to alternatives and improvements!

@everybody:
I really can't stress this enough... Please check the spreadsheet after you order, after you pay and after you send me your address.
If something is not right, please notify me.
I have literally hundreds of messenges/emails for this GB each week, something always slips by.
Thats why I provide the spreadsheet to help you catch my errors.

Enclosures B2 & B3?

Greetings Jokener,

Maybe I'm just lazy or perhaps I've missed out, but what do the two enclosures look like? Farnell seems to have a ton available, so could you give me a part ref. or perhaps direct me to the appropriate page(s)?

Best regards,

FinnGus

P.S. Sorry, reread your first post and found the answer in your gallery! What are the two heights?

/FG

Last edited:
@FinnGus: The parts are the B2-080BK and B3-080BK.
With the B2/B3 determining the height, the 080 the depth of the enclosed PCB and the BK stands for black (BL=blue, SI=silver, RD=red, GR=green).

@leejh: I'm more than happy to ship to Korea.
Is there anything I need to take care of for korean customs?
The regular customs label is in english, will that work?

Best regards,
Jokener

@qusp:
A little hint: The section labeled enclosure in the first post. The bold headline. :)
Price for the B2 is 20€, for the B3 it is 22€.
I know it was a lot of text and a little number like that can slip by quite easily... no worries ^^

haha :p i read the whole post once, looked at the gallery then read the body text again to make sure i didnt miss it and it was in the heading

As for Farnell:
They have an office in Germany with a semi-decent availability via phone.
Also, I don't use them for the components (Mouser), but for the enclosures.
During the first GB, the enclosures were not available at Mouser. I haven't checked since.
I am trying to contact boxenclosures (the manufacturer) to get a quote for 100 cases.
That should put the price for me well below any other dealer/merchant/supplier and be the shotgun-solution to this problem.
Either way, the prices are fixed and I will deliver the enclosures.
I am just worried that I get carried away here ^^ 1000€ worth of PCB's, 100 enclosures, 50 transformers...
Maybe I should ask diyaudio.com to change my name to O2-reseller :)

right, OK that makes more sense. i was just curious, i'm not complaining about pricing. i never buy enclosures like this normally so i wouldnt know, but i have to be pretty desperate for a couple of singular items to buy components there.

re the forum: you mean something like jO2kener? has a certain ring to it.....

Anyway... I will order whatever is in the spreadsheet at the time I place the order.
(Thats the only thing that went wrong in the first GB so far. Someone didn't check the spreadsheet and I forgot to order his extras that were not in the spreadsheet.)
Of course its no problem to change colors up until the order.
Just shoot me a PM/eMail and post here to make sure I catch the change and update the spreadsheet.

understood and all good

Do you know of a better/cheaper supplier for the enclosures? I am always open to alternatives and improvements!

nope, sorry, yeah i dont normally buy small enclosures so i'm a bit out of the loop there. i bought a heap of hammonds a couple of years ago and i've been using those for any small project and the latest one i'm getting fully CNC from solid billet alloy

I have also ordered a piece of aluminium for my girlfriends O2. Machined enclosures are a thing of beauty, if properly made.
I'll machine it into a fully rounded enclosure, kind of like the stones you find on some beaches.
The ones that have all edges washed away by the eternal powers of nature...
I may not have the time to do it with water, but my CNC has a LOT more power.

And before someone asks :) : I am not planning on selling the CNC'ed enclosure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.