• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Feeler: Scanspeak 18W/8531

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need 4 of these and Madisound offers a 10% discount if you buy at least 10. So I am wondering if there is an interest out there for an additional 6. Price
per driver would be USD213.35 plus shipping to me, 3.00, plus shipping to your destination (only US) somewhere between 10 and 15. Unfortunately, Madisound wants one purchaser and one destination, so it would all have to go through me and I would have to receive payments before placing the order. I'm in Colorado and I have perfect feedback on ebay and audiogon, for what it is worth.

In any case, I'm just exploring this possibility right now.

Michael

If you absolutely must have the "revelator" sliced paper cone with damping material I can't help. They are nice. But I'm shopping for 6 of the similar but much cheaper 18w/8545 (not the "K") with carbon fiber pulp cone. I've got 12, and would like 6 more to improve my line source stacks. But no spiral slices with damping material.
for you, if we used Madisound:
8545: 174.40 - discount = 156.96 X 4 = 627.84
7531: 237.05 - discount = 213.345 X 4 = 853.38

- Also just exploring the possibilities. I just started working again and Saturday I will find out what my paycheck and associated budget look like.

The 10% discount on the more expensive ones makes more sense, as 10% off the cheaper ones = the re-box and re-ship cost; no real savings.

But let me shop and I may be able to find some 8545's for less, if I can bug a friend.

Would there be enough people to buy 50 of these if Madisound would offer a higher discount? I've been in touch with them and if there were a Group Buy for 50, there
would be a better deal, but he'll get back to me on the exact numbers.

In any case, I am skeptical that there is enough demand for 50 of these, but maybe
there is?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.