• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Discrete Low Jitter Clock GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've done a more careful check, and am now able to give more solid postage costs. They are slightly higher than I estimated at the start, but not by too much. The minimum charged weight for an airmail parcel is 200g. A DC powered kit with packaging weighs about 100g, an AC powered kit with packaging weighs about 200g.

A 200g parcel costs USD5.50 to Australia, USD8.00 to the South Pacific, USD9.20 to East Asia and North America and USD10.40 to the rest of the world. A 400g parcel costs about half as much again. You can browse a full table of rates here. You can find out exactly which zone you are in here.

I've also noticed that there is an error in the bill of materials. The Farnell part number for the 47R resistors (R107, R108 and R204) is actually for a 47kR part. The correct part number is 1565312, a 39R part (Farnell don't stock a 47R part in the Welwyn MFR3 series). This is the value I used in most of the prototypes. I will post an updated bill of materials and schematic soon.

@tome: No, I don't. I specifically avoided using SMT components because of how much harder it is to solder them. Hand soldering of SMT is possible if you're skilled and have a steady hand, but not enjoyable. That said, an SMT version would be even smaller.

Thanks for the requests. I'll tally up all of them tomorrow and order the PCBs.

@touchdown: There is not a separate PCB for the AC or DC versions, they both use the same PCB with different parts populated. Did you want one AC kit and one DC kit, or two bare PCBs that can be used to construct either version?

No problem, that's fine. I'll ask what frequency crystal each person wants when I take payment and order the parts. I'm actually thinking I might just include all three frequencies of crystal (11.2896, 16.9344 and 33.8688MHz) in each kit, but it depends on how many kits are ordered.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.