• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am interested in the ODAC but don't see any point in a group buy as the price of the product is not going to be different for a group (I think) and I can't imagine shipping costs to be saved as shipping within Aus is so expensive.
Is there any benefit in keeping the ODAC out of the O2? Since it has no amplification it will always need to be connected to an amp right?

So, the unthinkable happened today, and I got my O2 kit in the mail.
Looks like all the parts are there, but I'll have to check if the pot is the right kind. I'll start building it shortly, but might not finish until tomorrow. I already have a half-decent DAC (behringer UCA202) I can use, but the ODAC + O2 is an interesting option.

EDIT: Yep, looks like I also got a 3B (or 3A?) instead of a 15A. The marking on the pot itself is "10 3A", and it matches the description of the curve - mostly linear, but tapers at the ends.

Last edited:
I still have the last enclosure and 2 spare sets of batteries - one enclosure and PCB went to the other person who still hadn't got their kit (I don't think he was part of the GB proper). His kit is missing the comparator, but he's getting it sorted out.

I think I'll keep the enclosure and batteries instead of the $ that BlueFusion still owes me, so that settles that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.