• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High Performance WM8741 Super Mini DAC with I2S Data Switching – PCB - Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I am offering group buy for the same super compact upsampling Wolfson WM8741 Mini DAC PCB which was posted earlier. You can make your own high performance upsampling DAC using this PCB at home. The mini DAC has USB and coaxial inputs with I2S Data switching between the USB and coaxial. The DAC works from 6V to 7.5V 750mA regulated power supply. The PCB is a double-sided FR4 PCB. The PCB size is about 110 mm (l) x 60 mm (b). BOM, component layout and schematic for easy assembling will be provided with the board. The enclosure can be bought from RF connectors, Adapter, Cable Assemblies, Pigtail Cable, Tools, Wifi Antennas & Accessories. This aluminium enclosure is a perfect fit for the DAC board. The cost per board is $25 + $10 worldwide shipping. Those who are interested can PM with number of boards required. I will process the orders once I reach a minimum of 50. All members who are placing the order will be listed.

Following members are interested in the PCB

ANADIGIT - 1
markus22ch - 2

Need 47 more to go...

Hey, I would be interested to know what design this is, if it is a publicly available design at all.
And if not, would it be possible to receive the CAD-files for it in return for a fee?
(I know a PCB prototyper and would like to get it in a black/gold flavor.)
Of course I would not share the design if that is not intended and I would not manufacture it for others without explicit permission!

Hey, I would be interested to know what design this is, if it is a publicly available design at all.
And if not, would it be possible to receive the CAD-files for it in return for a fee?
(I know a PCB prototyper and would like to get it in a black/gold flavor.)
Of course I would not share the design if that is not intended and I would not manufacture it for others without explicit permission!

Hello, i do not know if this design is publicly available or not, i haven't seen one yet. The pcb cad files are not available for sale. This project is meant only for diy hobbyist to make and enjoy a high performance super compact dac.

Hi korben,
For Opus, PM is preferred. For this dac, will take some time before I share my impressions, since my regular job is more than demanding. However this dac looks promising since it is highly integrated. And if I have to propose something for the second round of boards will be an smd clock that gives more options and also the possibility to select the upsampling rate for the asrc that now is fixed to 96/24. Finally, my dream will be an integrated asynchronous 192/24 Tenor chip :)

Hi korben,
For Opus, PM is preferred. For this dac, will take some time before I share my impressions, since my regular job is more than demanding. However this dac looks promising since it is highly integrated. And if I have to propose something for the second round of boards will be an smd clock that gives more options and also the possibility to select the upsampling rate for the asrc that now is fixed to 96/24. Finally, my dream will be an integrated asynchronous 192/24 Tenor chip :)

Hello, you can still change the upsampling rate, just cut and isolate pin 27 of ASRC and connect it to ground and connect pin 22 of WM8741 to pin 23 that's it.

One fully assembled and tested WM8741 super mini DAC is available for immediate sale. If anyone interested can PM for details. Only the DAC module is offered for sale. Buyers has to get or make their own power supply. Linear power supply is best for this DAC. The DAC works on 6V or 7.5V 750 ma regulated power supply.

All PCBs sold out in this set. Members who are interested in the PCBs can PM with details name, address and paypal id. I will contact them as soon as I get the next set of PCBs. One fully assembled and tested WM8741 DAC module is available for immediate sale if any one interested can PM.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.