• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB for cascoded IXYS CCS (tube)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interest for the CCS+regulator PCB from the IXYS GB

Jaap (Netherland) : 4
gmant123 (Argentina): 10
SigFire (Germany): 4-6
au-trovaille (Netherlands): 4

Comment on the schematic:
1) on the left the hi voltage regulator ... nothing fancy, just a CCS shunting a R and setting the gate voltage for the pass MOSFET
2) CCS PCB is stereo and can be used as anode load or cathode load (no regulator). mu-follower output possible.
3) price should be <5euro per piece. It might be cheaper if we avoided the regulator but it really helps if you want to use the mu-follower output.

Attachments

• CCS_PCB_0606.JPG
    CCS_PCB_0606.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 1,733
  • CCS_SCHEM_0606.JPG
    CCS_SCHEM_0606.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 1,990
revintage from the other thread said:
Hey guys,
To get the icing on the cake, is there anyone who has a descent Spice model of the IXYS? How it works IRL has been shown and measured by MJK.

I do not have the IXYS model but the regulated max current goes from a minimum of ~zero to over the maxmum rating of the FET with a 47ohm + 500ohm multiturns pot (R102 and P100/R202 and P200 in my schem). Each pair biases at its own current vs resistor setting due to parameters scatter.

I removed the pre-regulator as I see there is not interest in it and made the board smaller. It is now 5cmx6cm (two CCS on board). This will make the production run cheaper.

so far we are in the 30-40 boards volume (including me) ... we need more to cut down prices. We were 32 in the FETs group buy.

Attachments

• CCS_BRD_NOREG_06_22.JPG
    CCS_BRD_NOREG_06_22.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,510
I still don't know exactly the prices. I guess it should be in the 4euro per board now. I will try to estimate the prices tonight (I'll use olimex as said).

Using external heatsinks would make the board much smaller and cheaper but it is way more safe (for the fets) to have completely isolated heatsinks. I fried many of them because the tab was shorting to ground through the heatsink. An other option is to use share the heatsink (bigger) between Q100 and Q200 but i don't like the idea so much.

I can draft again a separate board for the regulator but there are better regulators out there, mine was just plain and simple as it was using the same fets of the CCS. Anyway the preregulator is not necessary unless you are using the mu-out with a poor regulated PSU and in a preamp, in all other cases you are always good to go with a just the CCS.

too late for the GB ... I can buy more for you but you bear all the costs (not running a new GB)

Jaap (Netherland) : 4
gmant123 (Argentina): 10
SigFire (Germany): 4-6
au-trovaille (Netherlands): 4
BDL (Romania): 4
Polin (Italy): 2
Gluca (USA/Italy): don't know yet, I think 10
Cyteen (UK): 2
Bas (Netherland) : 4
pso (Spain) : 2
Sinuko (Italy) : 4

cut, update & paste the list for future add-ons

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.