• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The group buy is for an updated Low Voltage shunt reg designed by Salas.
The GB is a working and approved relationship between myself, CRT and Salas.

The board will consist of three different reg's on one board. The board is V-Scored and can be broken into three boards, two boards etc.

On each full board there is a two positive regs and one negative rail reg.

Extra mini-kits (partial kits) are available to support building of the board - but leave out caps and some resistors that are unique to each voltage build and type of device it's powering.

MiniKit BOM section. This links goes to full details of all the parts included in the kits and there respective positions on the board.
Salas Board Minikits and Full Kits - diyAudio

The boards will sell for $25 each, with $8 minimum shipping, paypal only, no extra fees.
The group buy sign up sheet will be on my signature.

Salas has written a build guide, URL below. It will explain more technical details.

The calculator is used to help guide one to the parts they will need to set voltage correctly.

SALAS REG SSLV1.1 BIB GUIDE REV2

Attachments

• 15vdualrail.jpg
    15vdualrail.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 20,592
  • 43v.jpg
    43v.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 19,657
  • BIBtriplet.jpg
    BIBtriplet.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 19,811
  • FinalTRMRs.gif
    FinalTRMRs.gif
    56.7 KB · Views: 19,126
  • SSLV1.1 Calculator V1a.xls.zip
    55.6 KB · Views: 3,418
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Positive and negative side to side in mirror can be a symmetric +/-V reg. Third board can be a spare positive reg, or each one on its own. Break with a simple move (V-Grooved), still strong when together. A typical need is +/-V for output analogue stage and +5V for digital stage in a DAC for instance. You can use the two +V sections from the triplet for double mono B1 is another possible use. Download and read the guide, says everything.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
why there Is no IRF240 / 9240 - can I use them
also what Is current limit

Because is a new faster design designed around different Jfet and Mosfet parts which are cheaper and more available also. Current limit is theoretically the 9610's 1.8A max and general sinking limit, but I would not run more than 3A even with a more powerful & more capacitive (less PSRR BW) substitute like IRF9520 for CCS if beyond 1.8A need is pressing. There are practical stability/reliability considerations when running such constant currents in such small places.