• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Fane 8M Studio 50 units production run

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nothing really new but maybe of interest to keep here on the thread FYI:

Hello Rakesh,
The speakers will be shipped the address you have provided for delivery on September 8th. All boxes are labelled with the impedance of the speaker inside, and all speakers are physically label with their build date / serial number
Best Regards
Daniel Barnes
FANE INTERNATIONAL LTD

Hello,

Just to let everyone know that a pallet was delivered today. I have not had a chance to open it yet but it is from Fane and clearly contains the drivers that were ordered a fair while ago now.

I will check the contents tomorrow and will organise shipping over the next few days.

Best regards
Rakesh

Thanks

Hello,

Just to let everyone know that a pallet was delivered today. I have not had a chance to open it yet but it is from Fane and clearly contains the drivers that were ordered a fair while ago now.

I will check the contents tomorrow and will organise shipping over the next few days.

Best regards
Rakesh

Thanks once again Rakesh, for all the time and energy you have put into making this a reality!

Kind regards
Tax

Hi everyone,

I counted the drivers (they are all there) and opened two boxes to check condition and appearance.

Unfortunately I will have to open every single box as this is the only way to check the impedance as there are no markings on the outside (I will be writing these on the outside of the boxes to make life easier).

I did confirm with Fane that they would all have a build date and a serial number, but I could not see these anywhere. I have sent an email to Daniel yesterday and am awaiting his response.

As for shipping, I will aim to have all the drivers shipped next week.

Best regards
Rakesh

This is so not on!

Hello everyone,

I have now opened more boxes to make sure that I do not suffer from some form of selective blindness, in response to the following email from Daniel:

Hi Rakesh,
I have spoken with production and they have assured me that the speakers & cartons were despatched with the following labels attached, please see attached file. Can you confirm that this is correct?
Best Regards
Daniel Barnes
FANE INTERNATIONAL LTD

I have emailed him again explaining that there is definitely no serial number or manufacture dates at all on any of the speakers, as on the pictures that Daniel emailed me as an attachment.

I guess Fane will have to manufacture some labels that they can send to me first class and which I will then attach to the speakers. It may sound like a minor thing but it is not. I might as well be added on Fane's payroll if I have to go through every single box, remove the packaging, take out every single speaker from its plastic wrapping and stick labels...

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello everyone,

Fane is sending me sticky labels by tomorrow to reach me on Friday. I could but will not, for hopefully obvious reasons, book any shipping until I have physically received these labels.

Daniel has sent me a picture of a label with the manufacture date on it but obviously whoever did the labelling at Fane just picked the wrong box -thankfully they do say Studio 8M and have the impedance clearly marked. I dare not think of the situation where the impedance would not have been on there.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello Tax,

On this momentous day 19th of Septemeber 2011, I have started the so meaningful and life enriching process of filling lots of forms and have just booked the first pair of Fane 8Ms drivers to be shipped out to you. You so happened to be the first one on the spreadsheet of addresses John Bryant emailed me. Next on the list is the Australian contingent, then UK, USA, Mexico etc.

They are due to be collected tomorrow and should be with you within 3 working days.

Wish me godspeed

Best regards
Rakesh

Thank you Rakesh

Hello Tax,

On this momentous day 19th of Septemeber 2011, I have started the so meaningful and life enriching process of filling lots of forms and have just booked the first pair of Fane 8Ms drivers to be shipped out to you. You so happened to be the first one on the spreadsheet of addresses John Bryant emailed me. Next on the list is the Australian contingent, then UK, USA, Mexico etc.

They are due to be collected tomorrow and should be with you within 3 working days.

Wish me godspeed

Best regards
Rakesh

Thank you Rakesh.

Much appreciated. Sorry I have not logged in here for a couple of days so had not seen your post.

I will confirm receipt once they arrive.

With kind regards
Tax

Hi Mark and Phil,

I left a note on the door for the courier, being a veteran at how they will make up the flimsiest excuse, letting them know that there was definitely somebody at home.

Well, it is now 6 p.m., my mum was here the whole day from 8 a.m., I am back home and there is still no sign of the courier. I will be preparing more of the drivers for shipping and have organised it so that I will be working from home tomorrow. So touch wood, you may still receive your drivers before the week-end...

Best regards
Rakesh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.