• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: SST03 Soft start for toroidal transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you posted the existence of this GB over on the Pass Labs page? There might be some more demand from there. That is what I could use them for. 750VA 18V primary transformers for F4s right now, but Aleph AX in the future and then who knows what. I am building seperate power supplies that I can use for any of Neslon's ~22 V rail designs.

Hi Peranders,

On your website, it says;

" Other mains voltages
The pcb is not tested yet for 110-120 VAC but I'll expect that 2 x 0.68 uF (C1, C2) would be sufficient. The capacitor value is also dependent of the relays and their current consumption."

Did you get any feedback from USA DIY'ers, that ordered your soft start kit, if they encountered any problem using it on their amps?

Alternative

Hi guys,

Before you go ahead with your design and purchase. Take a look at this. It is pre-built and I think cheaper. I am not sure if it is complete but it looks like it and much cheaper - at least in the US.

Amperite - 120A1-100MST1A - Time Delay Relays (TDR) - Sensors, Switches & Relays - Allied Electronics

Amperite - Solving your relay requirements since 1922

These are relays with a delayed turn on accepting up to 240 v to turn it on. The standard product is 2 Amps and up to 10 Amps are available from the factory.

Timing is from 0.1 sec to 10 secs.

Would be interested if anyone has tried this.

I would appreciate if you start a separate thread about your findings. Notice that my solutions has additional features like a mains switch and also terminals. If you use a time relay you must also have the resistor and some additional terminals and maybe also a relay socket. In my subwoofer I used an Elesta relay with a very small delay unit inserted in the relay socket.

Very good stuff, not cheap either.
http://www.elesta.ch/download/pdf/skr_e.pdf
Last page, STM100 module + SKR115 relay + ZKE118 socket + resistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.