• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I recommend 0.6mm solid core silver wire for the power connections from the shunts. I also agree that connecting to the old TL431 holes is impractical and suggest scraping a nice centimetre line of trace and soldering a silver wire to it, for strength and electrical solidity.

Otherwise, I'm guessing Oliver has considered this mod, and if he decides to do this for himself, he will perhaps consider designing a new smaller board, or am I wrong Oliver? :)

The TL431 holes are 0.7mm diameter, so you could use a normal AWG24 / 0,511mm or AWG22 / 0.644mm solid core wire. ;)

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Really Oliver? I remember them being too small.

Also, they're dangerously close together, so if you do go in there with the +v, best to take the earths to another point in the line, like the caps.

I have looked into my designing program and all TL431 holes should have 0,7mm diameter.

Anyway, the main thing for the overview was to mark :magnify: the "injection" points.

Salas shunt regs and huge banks of Panasonic FDs for each channel is proper hi-fi, problem-addressed-engineering luxury, with low impedance, high ripple rejection, low ESR, clean DC. These shunt regs are absolute world class.

To then stick a little factory bastard on the end like the TL431 is perverse to me, unnecessary and not a real hi-fi solution. This was Thorsten L's advice if I remember right. In fact, it's not a solution to anything at all - there is no problem to solve!

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Mr. Oliver:

I need some of your PCBs:
-Separate Shunt regulator module for additional parts (5v)
-Tubizator PCB V2
-Shunt regulator module for Tubizator

They are all available?

Thank you.

Yes. PM send.

I can't view the photos uploaded at my country. They are showing a frozen frog. Are there any other way to view it?

Witch photos you can´t see?

all :(
frozen10.png

btw,

+/- Power Supply Module: $23
TDA1541A shunt regulator Module: $20
Shunt regulator Module for add. +5V line: $10
TDA1541A DAC Module: $18
Professional 2-Layer PCB: $32

The last thing i need to get is the output from PCM2707/6 IIS right?

can you PM me ur paypal address and above charges inclusive shipping to malaysia?

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
btw,

+/- Power Supply Module: $23
TDA1541A shunt regulator Module: $20
Shunt regulator Module for add. +5V line: $10
TDA1541A DAC Module: $18
Professional 2-Layer PCB: $32

The last thing i need to get is the output from PCM2707/6 IIS right?

can you PM me ur paypal address and above charges inclusive shipping to malaysia?

Hmm, you could see all modules also in the Members Galery here on diyaudio.

If you want to build my complete DAC, you need:

2x +/- Power Supply Module: $46 (four voltages lines)
1x TDA1541A shunt regulator Module: $20
1x Shunt regulator Module for add. +5V line: $10
1x TDA1541A DAC Module: $18
1x Tube-I-zator V2.0 Module: $30

Because you want to use the PCM2707/6 (VDD=3.3V) as II2S converter you need also a buffer IC in between,
e.g. my Ultra High Speed Buffer Module ($10).

Worldwide shipping: $ 9
paypal fee: 3,9%

If you want to order, please send me a PM or a mail to diyaudiopcb (at) gmx.com with your paypal address.

:cheers:

Hi Guys,
I am debugging my setup, as I have zero sound.

Setup:
-Doede Douma's SPDIF to I2S converter
-Single TDA board
-Home built output stage (discrete)

Likely suspect is the output stage, but I would like to rule out the rest first. Maybe you can help me:

-What voltages do you measure at the I2S input of the TDA board?
-What voltages/amps do you measure directly at the output of the TDA chip?
-How can I otherwise verify that everything up to the output stage works fine?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.