Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Surface Finish for future PCBs
ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold 89 49.17%
Immersion Silver 50 27.62%
Immersion Tin 23 12.71%
OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives 19 10.50%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th October 2018, 12:14 PM   #1601
dvb projekt is offline dvb projekt  Germany
diyAudio Member

From The WaveIO Manual:

Attention: There will be NO signals at J5 pin-header connector (Isolated I2S Outputs) if there's no voltage applied on the V+ and Isolated-GND pins (usually 3.3V but 5V is also accepted - please see IL715 datasheet for more information).

I dont see the GND connection from the 3.3V PSU to the J5 header...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:28 PM   #1602
koldby is offline koldby  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIC37 View Post
I also tried downloading the VA program which seem rather ok even if I found links at DIY Audio which was talking about the quality level of the program. But for a rough estimate I think it can be ok but here come a question, are there any interfaces ready to buy cause without an interface where I can connect probes it is not for any use or do I have to build the interface myself, is it possible still to buy pcb:s and ready packages for the program??
The input (line or microphone ) of your soundcard is the input. If you have mini Jack input , take a mini jack to two RCA cable. There you have your probes. I know I know , it is not good as probe, but you can also cut the cable before one ( or both ) the RAC plugs and use the center connector as probe and solder a cable with a crocodile clip on the screen and use that as a ground clip.. If the center connector is too soft, solder a piece of wire from a resistor on it and use that.
Old 11th October 2018, 09:18 AM   #1603
TIC37 is offline TIC37  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvb projekt View Post
From The WaveIO Manual:

Attention: There will be NO signals at J5 pin-header connector (Isolated I2S Outputs) if there's no voltage applied on the V+ and Isolated-GND pins (usually 3.3V but 5V is also accepted - please see IL715 datasheet for more information).

I dont see the GND connection from the 3.3V PSU to the J5 header...

Click the image to open in full size.
20181011_104600.jpg

My bad, I thought that when I connected isolated gnd to the DAC board it was enough but now I have added separate gnd for the 3.3 V connection to J5.

I made some additional measuring and realized that I have 2.989 VDC out on RCA, both left and right....?? Am I supposed to have DC out on the RCA, I don't think so.
Checked also the Waveio and it seem to stream as it is supposed to since I have voltage on both Host Active and Music Streaming when connecting to computer (Foobar2000) so appearently music is streaming to the DAC but still no music out from the DAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koldby View Post
The input (line or microphone ) of your soundcard is the input. If you have mini Jack input , take a mini jack to two RCA cable. There you have your probes. I know I know , it is not good as probe, but you can also cut the cable before one ( or both ) the RAC plugs and use the center connector as probe and solder a cable with a crocodile clip on the screen and use that as a ground clip.. If the center connector is too soft, solder a piece of wire from a resistor on it and use that.
I will try this but I am not really shure how to implement this, do you have some picture or link how to do it??
Thank you for the tip koldby!
Old 11th October 2018, 09:21 AM   #1604
TIC37 is offline TIC37  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koldby View Post
Is this what you had in mind, koldby??

ljudkabel-3-5-mm-till-2x-rca.jpeg
Old 11th October 2018, 11:23 AM   #1605
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is this what you had in mind, koldby??

Attachment 708748
Yes The input of a PC based scope is the input on the soundcard, so you just have to use a cable with whatever plug that fits the input of the soundcard.
How you make the "probe" in the other end of that cable is completely up to you. RCA plug is not very suitable...
Old 11th October 2018, 11:33 AM   #1606
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Attachment 708747

My bad, I thought that when I connected isolated gnd to the DAC board it was enough but now I have added separate gnd for the 3.3 V connection to J5.

I made some additional measuring and realized that I have 2.989 VDC out on RCA, both left and right....?? Am I supposed to have DC out on the RCA, I don't think so.
That depends on what you use as ground for that measurement! If you use the ground you have been using for all your measurements, yes this is correct. If you use the ground where the ground on you RCA output sockets are supposed to be connected (to the little PCB that on top of the hole thing) you should measure near 0 DC volt if you have adjusted the two trimmers on that little PCB correct (that is exactly their purpose, to remove the DC between RCA ground and RCA live connection). You must NOT connect the RCA ground to the rest of the ground connections!

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architectureHide this!Advertise here!