• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hiface USB -> I2S 24bit/192Khz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here the pin of the XD1014EVB, received now

Attachments

• I2S Signal Description.JPG
    I2S Signal Description.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,887
Two weeks are too long to wait so I have modified my EMU 0404 USB.

I have changed the power supply electrolytics near the DAC chip and I have got the balanced output on this chip.

All the opamp and all the capacitors on the signal path are bypassed .

The balanced signals with the +2.5Vdc has been connected on a Lundahl transformers like in the my DAc final (DAC Final).

Very simpe this modification, no more than 1 hour.

How would you describe the sound?

I have got an emu 0404 USB in 2006 and I am not very pleased with the sound nor with the driver quality. Too many crackles with USB even with S/PDIF! Not worth the money!

Just summarizing all info.

The paramount things in product design we need:
- Working bit-perfect (ks) drivers for Windows (XP,Vista,7).

Preferable things we need:
- Drivers support for Mac, Linux.
I don't know how others feel, but to me Linux support is absolutely essential. I know there are also a lot of Mac people out there, so that's important too. Windows shouldn't be the only possible platform. If it is, then it's an automatic no-go for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.