• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Now something classic - Sato style 60cm, Fc=130Hz.

Attachments

• sato60-3.jpg
    sato60-3.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 597

Horns are a low pass filter.
Trying to find a compression driver and horn that will cover six octaves is like trying to find a unicorn.

This is the whole reason I've built a dozen Unity horns. It is the only practical solution to the problem you are trying to solve.

I don't mean this to sound harsh - believe me I wish there was a horn and compression driver that could do six octaves without breaking a sweat.

At last there is a +100 cm horn/waveguide who does six octaves and i look forward to the summer holiday at home with my JBL2451 truextent and their new huge friends :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
[/url] [/IMG]

Last edited: