• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Red is AMT in small baffle. Blue in EJMLC-300 horn (deg0).

Attachments

• amt_vs_ejmlc300.GIF
    amt_vs_ejmlc300.GIF
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,092
  • amt-ejmlc300.PNG
    amt-ejmlc300.PNG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,069
  • amt-ejmlc300-distortion.PNG
    amt-ejmlc300-distortion.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,061
  • xo.png
    xo.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,059
Last edited:
Cześć Jacek,

Do you perhaps have measurement data of the EOS 250Hz available?

Did you already have the chance to try other drivers with this horn? It'd be interesting to see how a 1.4 or 2" Faital-Pro, B&C, Beyma etc. would do. The Faitals are supposed to take 400-450Hz and my older B&Cs are ok at 500Hz.

I should not forget the 4" diaphragm RCF drivers, these are very hard to beat at the (local) prices.
The top of the line 950ND 2.0 (plot attached) is just under €300.

Attachments

• RCF 950ND 2.0_Response.png
    RCF 950ND 2.0_Response.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
Jacek

That would be a nice solution and B&C is just the company to do it. I have not used the DE360, but have always found their drivers to be of exceptional quality. I think that the 360 is a smaller diaphragm driver (can't check their website is down.) I would however prefer to see the DE550 used as it is an exceptional driver.