• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Just use edit button. RAL palette is available.

Attachments

• IMG_3747.jpg
    IMG_3747.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 986
  • IMG_3753.jpg
    IMG_3753.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 952
  • IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 922
Just screw your woofer to MDF and use threaded rod on compression driver. We tried special polymer sound damping material but there was no difference. Classic bitumen plus felt does the job. You can easily feel vibrations on a whole cabinet with RAW fiberglass. WG has 14 deg throat angle and most drivers will fit. I was comparing Mummies to $30.000 speakers like ASW Magadis with AMT and they were slightly smoother so better use ringradiators for highs (haven't checked yet).

Attachments

• Cabinet_damping.jpg
    Cabinet_damping.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 819
Thanks!

Those details are perfect, Im not sure you saw my other question but I will post it again. Are there different color options? Like Gloss Black?

It seems like the group buy list is almost set with a full pallet of "mummies" going to the US. What is the ordering deadline?

Ok we calculated cost of Mummies enclosure and it is $670/pair. You need extra stuffing e.g. felt+bitumen and stand - on the picture you could see bianco carrara marble. Shipping of one pellet is between 500-800$. I haven't call Polamer yet. Can you? For those who want experiment with CD waveguides (installed in Mummies) I warn passive crossovers are complex here and require some experience. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on tweaking otherwise speed up with digital.

With 65 liters you can hardly get 50Hz at 98-100dB/1W/1m so take into account lowering total efficiency or add bandpass subwoofer - for example 20 liters ported and 40 liters closed with 12" aluminum bass driver - 30Hz at 91dB. Mummies were designed for multisub setup. We chosen low mass wide bandwidth 12" bass/midrange without Faraday's rings - 100 liters is usually too large for most 12" PA woofers.

Last edited: