• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Yes you can specify custom horn. Already made:

Varied directivity:
JMLC-1000 (small tweeter horn)
JMLC-400 (tweeter), 48cm dia
JMLC-350 (midtweeter), 60cm dia
JMLC-200, T=0 (bass horn)

Note: JMLC profiles with a full rollback!

Minphase, 1 meter diameter (mid tweeter, 500Hz and up)

"Constant" directivity:
OSWG 12", Geddes waveguide
Baffle with non-diffraction OSWG-12", a complete speaker that accepts most 1" compression drivers and 12" PA woofers,

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Hey, I just stumbled onto this thread. How about some background info? What's this buy all about? Who's making these? How much? Where? When? Why? WTF?

I'd be interested in a pair of Geddes type 12" OS waveguides. But I need more info about the products and their prices, etc.

Thanks!

..Todd

Horns are hand made in Lublin, Poland by Autotech.pl, Lukasz Lewandowski. The company is well known and produces automotive parts, motorbike trailers, housing for e.g. Melex:

MELEX

Material: glass fiber with polyester resin in standard colours like white, green yellow, red, blue or fine grain metallic. Can be made of carbon fiber (add 50% to the price).

Group buy was moved from "Jean Michel on LeCleac'h horns" and particular interest was in elliptical horns. Any new horn production requires at least 10-12 pcs to be ordred because new mold cost several thousand $.

We have 12" OSWG and its performance is enclosed. Also a complete speaker cabinet is being produced and ready for shipping at the end of May. Price for 12" OSWG is about $100.

Attachments

• 148_wg2.jpg
    148_wg2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 9,186
  • Assembly_OSWG.jpg
    Assembly_OSWG.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9,019
  • OSWG12_1.gif
    OSWG12_1.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 8,885
Last edited:
Some questions;

-What will be the price for the total cab (do you sell if 'empty')and do you have stats on bass performance?

-What are the recommended drivers?

-Are the horns screw-on or threaded?

Here is the pdf with 'all' info from the site; http://www.autotech.pl/pdf/audio_en.pdf.
The fact that autotech is geared towards cartuning and the pics show they know how to manufacture (good looking) horns, but how are they calculated... Are these products based on technology/measurement or do they just look nice?

Last edited:
For cab price and bass performance please wait till end of May. You can fit all screw-on drivers just specify model. Bass reflex ports were optimized for:

STX GDN-30-400-8-SE
(wide bandwidth)

Physically all 12" woofers will fit.

and tweeter I use (without screw) is:
STX D-800-8-Ti

Horns are made using BEM support in AxiDriver and measurements with Bruel&Kjaer instrumentation (I can offer microphone calibration too). JMLC and OSWG theory is well known so for details you can ask the authors.

Shipping with Polish Post (PP) is about $35 (secured) for waveguide only. With speaker cab it is more complicated because PP and carriers define maximum length plus perimeter (measured in a plane different than length) <= 2 meters (to some countries 3 meters). Black color requires special gelcote usually sold in 20kg cans so black cab can be slightly more expensive.

Polish Post tariffs (Parcel with a stated value)

Last edited: