• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Elliptical OSWG and JMLC-OSWG hybrid is also possible and recommended for standalone applications when constant directivity is needed.

Attachments

• JMLC_OSWG.gif
    JMLC_OSWG.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 2,041
  • JMLC_OSWG_3.gif
    JMLC_OSWG_3.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 2,006
Last edited:
Does anyone know if any of these would work well with the GPA 902 driver for an Altec Model19 type build, instead of the usual 811b horn? Used in a normal home listening scenario, in an average sized room for the purpose of ultimate sq? These are bolt on drivers etc..

It 12" axisymmetrical OS with a typical mouth diffraction on-axis that you can minimize with radius >5" or JMLC mouth. Curves 0/15/30/45/60/90deg. Elliptical OS cannot be modeled with AxiDriver just two axes alone.

Personally I think Iwata 250Hz/2" with 1" adapter is a best choice as you have headroom for group delay. If you need a midrange horn then T=0 axisymmetric JMLC is a better choice. We have such 200Hz for 15-18cm fullranges.

Last edited:
It 12" axisymmetrical OS with a typical mouth diffraction on-axis that you can minimize with radius >5" or JMLC mouth. Curves 0/15/30/45/60/90deg. Elliptical OS cannot be modeled with AxiDriver just two axes alone.

Personally I think Iwata 250Hz/2" with 1" adapter is a best choice as you have headroom for group delay. If you need a midrange horn then T=0 axisymmetric JMLC is a better choice. We have such 200Hz for 15-18cm fullranges.

What I think the big issue is with everything I talk to is that majority do not want HUGE horns.

So what does it take to get a OS waveguide that is no larger then 15" diameter?

What I think the big issue is with everything I talk to is that majority do not want HUGE horns.

So what does it take to get a OS waveguide that is no larger then 15" diameter?

Doug, we understand that you do not want large horns. You have said this repeatedly. The good news is that there are plenty of medium size horns available (both new and used).

There are those of us who like big horns and who like setting up our systems with cutoffs and dispersion control below 800 Hz or so. If this is not your priority then fine. Importantly, there are not a large number of large horns available (new or used) at a reasonable price or with an "interesting" contour.