• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tea-Bag's IXYS Depletion Mosfet Group and SemiSouth R100 JFET group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Deptetion Mode Mosfet for Constant current source

I'm looking for a depletion mode mosfet for a constant current source in SE tube amplifier. The best I found so far is the DN2540 but the power dispersion is limited but works really well in its range. I'd love to have the IXYS mosfets in this thread but they have Ciss too high (over ten times the DN2540), and that would compromise sound details.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Have an update on the SemiSouth devices.

The lead time is 12 weeks from payment. So this might be a dissapointment to some.
However, we can set a date in the next two weeks to payup for the orders (like 3/14 deadline). If you can't wait 12 weeks, which puts us in the second week of June, then please update your order.
Since some are ordering depletion Mosfets, those are lead times of 3-5 weeks to my door.
What I will do is ship the D-Fet's when I get them, and the SemiSouth's when I get them, only charging shipping once.

So it will look something like this.

SemiSouth's 60USD matched pair shipped. Quads will be best effort. Probably mid-June delivery. This price is far less then when these critters first came out, but still really high. This is a small company using expensive materials.

For Depletion MosFets
IXTH20N50D 15.00 pr. 6.00 shipping for up to 4pr. 8.00 up to 12 pair, beyond that, PM ME.
IXTH6N50D2 10.00 pr, same shipping as above.

Let me know how this sounds. I would like some feedback on this. The price assumes we role out minimum 50pr or so on each.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hey all,

Regarding the SemiSouth JFET's

I realize some of you are being offered a better price.
Of course it is your choice to choose which person you wish to purchase these from.
I can't lower the price without losing money at this point. If you wish to not stay with the group buy for SS, this is fine. Just update the spreadsheet or let me know.

I can only stand on my previous GB efforts, which so far have been successful.
I am not doing this for some large money making effort. Just doing this to allow people to get some harder to find Fet's from a reasonable price, and to seed some DIY's to come up with some excellent circuits ideas, some of which have been shared.

To move all the GB forward, I am going to start payment for FET's tommorow, and last day to pay up will be March 14th.

Hope all is well. Let me know if there are any questions.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Lae2,
The devices are somewhat discounted at the 100 pc mark, my assumption was that we will make it to that amount, if not, It can be done..I might buy up more to make up a difference. The more devices ordered, certainly the more perfect matches to be made, no doubt.
There may be more takers by the time it closes, or less. We will have to see. I can stick the $ either way. It would mean no donation and no matching fee for my time, but nothing to loose sleep over :) I have a day job~Which is a blessing these days.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Caddocks for De-Lite

Those wishing to build the DE-Lite Amplifier,

I am going to offer Caddock MP930 30Watt max TO-220 resistors.
These power resistors are used in the Power Supply and Source of the amplifier. This type must be mounted to a heatsink. The Source resistors are around 10 watts disapation max, and the power supply unit is 20 watts. So one might want to order 3 to do an amp.
These are quality resistors, but of course you can use something else. I think selling them for 3.50 each is reasonable to cover paypal and local sales tax. Put yourself down if your interested. These are small, so shipping is not an issue.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
1R Caddocks.

Hi All,
Well a few people have sent in payments already, thanks!

Another forum member recommended not to use the thin film's in the power supply. They may not be able to take the initial current/wattage on startup.
So just buy yourself enough for your 1R source resistors.

I am sticking with the MP930's as opposed to the MP915's. They can allow for twice the dissapation for maybe .50 cents more costs. Plus I find a TO-220 easier to work with than TO-126's.
The only disadvantage of Caddocks I see is they are radial leaded and the leads are not really user friendly, but I am sure we can be creative.;)

Ssf2

Hi TeaBag,

How's the F2 w/ SS sounding these days? Are you posting impressions in any other threads? (damn forum search limitations).

And to help others who might be interested in an SS F2, can you post in this thread how many SS JFets are needed for the SS F2?

Look forward to hearing your impressions...

-Roscoe

Joined 2006
Paid Member
F2 with SS.

Roscoe,
I am currently swapping over the posted parts papa recommended to swap over, and using PD boards for build. I tried to use all resistors I could on rebuild. Only one pair is needed for F2 conversion. The F2 is a different animal, so I am not sure my impressions would mean much with my two different full ranger types (Lowther DX and Fostex FF85k). To be honest, I will probably optimize it for HD-600 headphones.

I will try to post to a couple of places once it is finished.
I am also trying to put them into a BA-1 board set on the upper FET.

Attachments

• F2SSa.jpg
    F2SSa.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 612
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.