• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for R2R audio volume / input selection pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Tvicol, I recommentd 8bits or more relays uses in the volume control, for the reason that 6bits is really not enough for a suitable attenuation.
You can get 48dB attenuation with 8bits relays
also, 36dB only in 6bits
regards
Lu
It is not really r2r , we call it so because the schematics is identically , but the values of resistors are like this :
-1dB -2dB -4dB -8dB -16dB -32dB
6 bit = total attenuation -63dB

Now do you understand ?

Schematic attached.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• Schematic_VC_R2R&shunt.jpg
    Schematic_VC_R2R&shunt.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 444
hmmm too late, been thinking about one of these. Do you plan to do another run?

As soon we´ll finish to deliver all boards for this GB, will think to run another one, maybe with boards fully mounted and tested. A finished product.
Time to deliver will be a little longer, but the wait will worth as we´ll choose high quality components like vishay melf resistors, genuine Rubycon ZL/ZA caps and Takamisawa relays.
Anyhow you will still have the option to buy only the board with atmel programmed.

Regards,
Tibi

As soon we´ll finish to deliver all boards for this GB, will think to run another one, maybe with boards fully mounted and tested. A finished product.
Time to deliver will be a little longer, but the wait will worth as we´ll choose high quality components like vishay melf resistors, genuine Rubycon ZL/ZA caps and Takamisawa relays.
Anyhow you will still have the option to buy only the board with atmel programmed.

Regards,
Tibi

nice.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
hi tvicol,

i have bought the boards from you but they all program for LCD, now one friend
wants to use the LED configuration. I received also the schematic with the 6 pin
but i need to know what to do exactly to pre program the chip. I have the follow;

GTP-Plus programmer for USB. gtp_usb.jpg
must i connect the programmer to the board, and must i also connect the powersupply
of the board. or not

please tell me what to do?

Last edited:
hi tvicol,

i have bought the boards from you but they all program for LCD, now one friend
wants to use the LED configuration. I received also the schematic with the 6 pin
but i need to know what to do exactly to pre program the chip. I have the follow;

GTP-Plus programmer for USB. View attachment 177257
must i connect the programmer to the board, and must i also connect the powersupply
of the board. or not

please tell me what to do?

That programmer is only for PIC and NOT for Atmel AVR !!! It will not work !
Programming with a compatible ISP for AVR is simple : with the target power on you connect the 6 signals to programmer and write the firmware .
A little google will show you a lot of compatible programmer interfaces and how to do this .

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
hi danzup,

I have program Atmel with this programmer combine with WINPIC800
they even have the Atmel 8515 to select. I found this schematic
this will work so the board must be connect to power.

Regards,
TBKK

Attachments

• STK200_isp_sch.gif
    STK200_isp_sch.gif
    22 KB · Views: 382
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Tvicol,

Help
am assembly the board, order everything by TME very good and quick delivery
i have BCX56-16 according to the BOM list but the housing is to small look at the
picture, any suggestion for this problem.

TBKK

Attachments

• CIMG1509.JPG
    CIMG1509.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 346
hi danzup,
I found this schematic
this will work so the board must be connect to power.

Regards,
TBKK
If that interface can program Atmel AVR then it is ok !
You must connect following pins for atmel : MISO ,MOSI , CLK, RESET , +5V , GND from the programmer to corresponded Atmel pins

Yes ! This is the good interface . The board must have power as the programmer is powered from board . Use Bascom AVR to programm .
download for free from here : Downloads - MCS Electronics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.