• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for R2R audio volume / input selection pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would it be possible to use this board and setup one of the inputs (preferably balanced) with a home theater bypass? So for the volume control does not effect that input and it just pass's it through?
Is that possible with some modifications?

Yes, one bypass (direct) input is already included.
Schematic is available at :: vicol audio :: >> Products >> DanZup R-2R/shunt volume controller

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look on the google-doc.
But there are some questions left:

• what are the advantages/disadvantages of shunt/r-2r version. Which is better? Where I can find information concerning the differences between the 2 principles?
  • is the ATMEL programmed and can I use the same ATMEL/program and pcbs for LED and LCD?
  • what is enclosed in one kit?
  • were ther any estimated prices given?
  • who I have to inform which kit number etc. I want to order?

I hope I haven´t missed the point while reading the thread.

Marcel

I had a look on the google-doc.
But there are some questions left:

[*]what are the advantages/disadvantages of shunt/r-2r version. Which is better? Where I can find information concerning the differences between the 2 principles?

Here are two links which will explain you, in detail, all advantages/disadvantages of different resistor networks topologies.
Attenuator Kit Installation
Resistor-Switch Attenuator Networks for Audio Volume Control

[*]is the ATMEL programmed and can I use the same ATMEL/program and pcbs for LED and LCD?

Atmel is programmed to support LED or LCD, but not both in the same time, as there is no enough space on flash memory.

[*]what is enclosed in one kit?

PCB and all components.

[*]were ther any estimated prices given?

We are going for full kit only if 100 pcb's will be ordered.
Estimated price / pcb is 12 euro.
On other hand, will provide full BOM with links to Elementy i podzespo?y cz??ci elektroniczne - TME - Electronic Components , so you can just click and add to your shopping basket all the components. I think is more fair like this.

[*]who I have to inform which kit number etc. I want to order?
[/LIST]

I hope I haven´t missed the point while reading the thread.

Marcel

Just write here and me, jkraxi or Dan Zup will take care of your order.

Regards,
Tibi

COnfirming interest but worried about time to reach 100 PCB

Hi again,

I just want to confirm that I am still interested in balanced version, but I am really concerned about the time necessary to reach to 100 PCB.

Furthermore I don't understand the lack of interest in the volume control..might be missing something.

Cheers,

Max

We are going to put in production a small number of PCB´s.
All boards will come with controller ready programmed up to your needs.
Will let you know exact price after we get factory offer.

The BOM is already available on vicol-audio.ro and will be revised, so you can click and shop your needed components in order to complete the kit.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi, tvicol

I am interested in these pcbs (depending on the price).
Is it correct that the r-2r version = ladder type?
If so, I would take a complete kit for r-2r-version for balanced stereo amp and an additional relay board for switching digital sources.

Regards,
Marcel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.