• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Kerafol Keratherm Red Isolators (TO-220 / TO-247)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All these modern day thermal conductors based on some form of binder plus ceramic powders and glass reinforcement, such as Kerafol or Bergquist GapPad, share the same problem of fragility. They will remain so even in use, and require careful handling. But they offer the level of performance that others like silpad can never achieve. So this I consider a small price to pay.

Just tried GapPad 5000S35 on a ZapFilter2 (known to have DC offset problems while fully warmed up) on a friend's modded HD970. Works wonders. DC offset stayed the same at 6mV from 22°C to 48°C heat-spreader (a piece of 2.5mm aluminium sheet) temperature.

;)

Patrick

Attachments

• gappadded zf2.jpg
    gappadded zf2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 650
ok, well, since nobody owes more than $1, I think we can call this a wash. I don't really see the point in collecting pennies from everyone :) If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I won't say no, but I'll just be happy if everything gets to the proper place intact and properly counted!

luvdunhill said:
ok, well, since nobody owes more than $1, I think we can call this a wash. I don't really see the point in collecting pennies from everyone :) If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I won't say no, but I'll just be happy if everything gets to the proper place intact and properly counted!

Got mine today. Mailed you some extra $ with Many, Many thanks,

Better late than never!

Arriving fashionably late to this GB.... But willing to Beg.
Would anyone have any surplus To-247 pads they would be willing to sell so I can finish my F5? I'm in need of 4.

I purchased some mica isolators that are just a mm on each side too small and I'm scared to chance the transistors grounding out on the heatsinks.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Hi Ron

Maybe I was a bit too eager to help Luvdunhill with his losses
Noone knows the size of his losses, and theres no response now
And we dont know how many people have donated money

Its pretty daft that you should pay that much for 4 isolators
And I have donated 10USD already
I wont demand that of you, to get 4 isolators

I can see now that was pretty silly of me

I have promissed you 4 isolators, so lets start all over

1. I will deny the paypal from you
2. I still need your shipping address, it was not in your mail
3. We can talk about expences later

Last edited:
This might be a silly question, but do you need heat sink compound with these.

Also, mine arrived in good order.

Thanks,
Chris

Only if you want to negate some of the performance they offer :) Just make sure the surfaces are nice and smooth and you'll be fine. I usually sand down the devices themselves a bit, just before you start seeing copper, as well as work the heat sink until it is shiny. I'm not sure if this is the best approach, but it works well for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.