• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Phonoclone and VSPS Group Buys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This thread is for anyone interested in organizing, or participating in, a group buy of the circuit boards on the RJM Audio web page. Mainly the Phonoclone 3 at present, as the VSPS pcb kit is already available at a very reasonable price from SkyCoral.

Anyone can get PCBs made by sending the .brd file available for download at the RJM Audio web site to Olimex for fabrication, but it may be cheaper or simpler to organize a group buy, especially if it is in the form of a partial or complete kit with parts.

If you are interested please subscribe to this thread as the postings are likely to be infrequent and by subscribing you will be notified by email if anyone starts something.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
You'll have to ask Rhys about the kits. I can do a batch order of the boards from Olimex. Cost is $45 per set of two boards including shipping worldwide, payment is by Paypal. Email me if interested. Use the "email" button or send an email to

rjm003.geo at yahoo.com

Turnaround is about four weeks.

Richard

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Update: I am looking into the Olimex pricing, there are some deals on higher volume standard orders that I may be able to take advantage of to lower the price. Please hold off payment until I can confirm.

(if you've paid already, don't worry I will refund the difference if this goes through...)

Plus - special bonus - I get to choose the color !!

(green, blue, yellow, red, black or white are available, normally they are green by default.)

I'm thinking black, as being the most badass.

/R

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
You can build the complete phonoclone from common parts found at digikey, mouser, or rs.

Most recent BOM is found as part of the downloadable phonoclone 3 .zip package available from from here. Scroll down to the phonoclone 3 section and click just under the image where it says "Download schematic and layout files. [Now with parts list and instructions!]"

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Lower cost on Phonoclone 3 boards!

Awesome, Olimex came through with the deal!

Cost for two double sided pc32e boards, including shipping worldwide, is now only US $24, payable via Paypal. Economics of scale in action, folks.

Anyone interested in picking up an extra set to two, this is probably the time to do so.

Email if interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.