• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Anodized Aluminum Heat Sinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heat sinks received

Good News,
The heat sinks arrived today.

A picture is attached, showing the heat sinks(which look really nice), as well as the drilled & tapped holes for mounting. I measure 7.5x5.4x1.25" and the fins are 1" in length.

The more I research heatsinks, I'm thinking the estimate of 0.5deg/W that I was given may be optimistic; apparently it depends upon the ambient temperature. I am pretty confident, however, that two of these used together* will be fine for the 10 devices of an extended Leach amp(which is a class AB amp rated at about 120-150W into 8ohms).

I'll be packing them up and hope to mail them out on Monday.

Any questions or concerns, give me an email.

Thanks and Holiday Greetings to all!

-Chas

* two used together measures 10.75x7.5x1.25"

Attachments

• heatsinks.jpg
    heatsinks.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 674
These were military surplus, purchased online (I found using a Google search); Unfortunately, they're all gone, and the seller does not expect to get any more.
You might check with Apex Jr. - I believe they have some large gold anodized heat sinks at a fair price.

Regards and Happy New Year! :cheers:
-Chas

Update

Update-

Turns out that one request for these heat sinks was never paid, after waiting several weeks.

If anyone is interested, I have 4 pcs available; unfortunately, I lost $$ on postage(and Paypal) last time.
Plus, the cost of shipping went up 1st of the year, so I'm asking $25 per pair including postage(within the lower 48). Still a good deal on these really nice heatsinks ( I'm using a pair in my Leach amp).

Please E-mail me if you want them, and I'll give you my Paypal addy.

-Chas

Attachments

• heatsinks.jpg
    heatsinks.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 323
Update:
Both pairs are sold; however, I still have one single piece I was saving as a spare.

Turns out, after cutting/machining my two other pairs, it looks like I won't be needing it.

If anyone can use a single 7.5x5.4x1.25"heatsink, please let me know. I'm asking $12 including postage within the lower 48.

-Chas

clm811 said:
Update:
Both pairs are sold; however, I still have one single piece I was saving as a spare.

Turns out, after cutting/machining my two other pairs, it looks like I won't be needing it.

If anyone can use a single 7.5x5.4x1.25"heatsink, please let me know. I'm asking $12 including postage within the lower 48.

-Chas

I'll take it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.