• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ,
I am in a bit of a mess with the F5 project. I purchased my boards back in September 2009. I have only just got around to (starting) to build them... too many other projects.
Firstly I have found that the resistors provided do not match what is on the F5 BOM (from TechDIY). I was about to ask for replacements when I found that I do not have a current schematic showing what resistor values are actually wanted (this is a V1.0a 2009-03-14 board.)
Can anyone point me to a schematic for the V1.0a which defines which resistors should have been provided?
Thanks for the help

Cross-Post.. cross-confusion

I have already answered you in my blog, please don't cross post.

Hi,

thanks for the fast response / ticking off.

There is a reason for the cross posting.. I was hoping to pick up on all the changes as discussed in the various forums, not just those specific to your boards.
The boards, as delivered, have missing resistors, as well as wrong value resistors and resistors which physically do not fit on the board. Before resoldering and/or reorderingI need to be pretty sure of what should be there.. hence the cross posting.
After a certain point the size and scope of forums become very hard to manage when seeking a definitive definition of components. It would useful to have a "sticky" area in your blog to make this definition... as it is we are all reduced to searches which often return references to missing or outdated documents. In the professional world we would put all this under the heading of Configuration Management .... tedious but essential

best regards

George

Hi,
the advantage of 3pins inline (sil), is that one can orient the VR to enable which direction you prefer to turn to make an adjutment.
The disadvantage of the 3pins inline, is that one can insert it the wrong way.

The advanatge of 3pins offset, is that one cannot insert it the wrong way.
The disadvantage is that the designer might have a different idea from the user on which is the preferred way to adjust.

Last edited:
F5

Hi Cviller!
I put the boards together, the F5c version from you, and got to much voltage on the output, 0,1 volt, and the powertransistors are getting very stinky hot. For R1 and R2 I got 10 watt 10 ohm resistors. Is it possible that the wattage from those transistors is to high? And are there maybe connecting points that I( missed, because I am using this board only for F5 purpose, and not for the Turbo version. Thanks for the answer. I think I got Q5 an Q6 right now an also P1 and P2.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.