• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Christian,

as i mailed you personaly i have received the boards in good shape, they look great!

However i do not have experience with amp-building.

I have searched , but couldn't find much info on the rectifier-boards...?

Could you please post a picture with parts onto it and how it is connected to the rest of the PS ?

I may be a newby, but a clean start is better then a lot of smoke

Thanks,

Al

picadomonster said:
Hi Christian,

as i mailed you personaly i have received the boards in good shape, they look great!

However i do not have experience with amp-building.

I have searched , but couldn't find much info on the rectifier-boards...?

Could you please post a picture with parts onto it and how it is connected to the rest of the PS ?

I may be a newby, but a clean start is better then a lot of smoke

Thanks,

Al

It is kinda difficult to take a proper picture of the boards with components due to the heatsinks, but I have attached one.

For external connections, you could take a look on this one:
http://viller.eu/audio/2009jan_gbf5/P1070474_wiring1.jpg
(it is with block bridges, but the principle is the same)

Here is a guide I have written, which explains a few things:
http://viller.eu/audio/2009jan_gbf5/gbf5_guide.pdf

And of course you need to read the article by Nelson Pass:
http://www.firstwatt.com/downloads/F5-om_sm-080527.pdf

I'll try to dig up the schematics for the bridge.

Attachments

• p1070568crp.jpg
    p1070568crp.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 657
CViller,

That is one COOL looking bridge rectifier!
Very nice design job. Thanks for the links on building.
Thank you for making it easy for us Noobs to build the F5 as designed by Papa. The Master.

I'm waiting on funds to buy a set of boards from you. They are Sweet!

Ron

Renron said:
CViller,

That is one COOL looking bridge rectifier!
Very nice design job. Thanks for the links on building.
Thank you for making it easy for us Noobs to build the F5 as designed by Papa. The Master.

I'm waiting on funds to buy a set of boards from you. They are Sweet!

Ron

I will be quite unreliable the next few weeks - I have some wedding stuff which needs I need to attend to... :D
And then we go on a few weeks of vacation, where I won't be able to log on. Guess it would be quite unpopular if I did!! ;)

You can still order when I'm away, but expect a few weeks of delay. At the moment I have sent all ordered boards and still have some left. I'll most likely close my order site when I run out of boards.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
toufu said:

Am I suppose to flip them around?

Dont rely too much on me :D though I think you look at datasheet the wrong way
First picture is seen from front, the flat side, and seems to be in line with boards
What may confuse you is the second picture which is seen from the bottom, not from the top, as you seem to look at it

But remember to read Cvillers manual carefully, about changes and silk screen fault regarding BC###

Back from vacation! :xeye:

I have sent the four orders I got and you should have received an email by now. So there are no paid boards unsent. :D (please email me if I'm wrong)

I will have to close my order site down, which I will do Thursday night on the 2rd of July. I still have plenty of boards, so feel free to order and I'll send them in the weekend.

I'm moving to San Francisco on the 13th of July, so I will not be able to ship boards while I'm moving.

cviller said:

I'm moving to San Francisco on the 13th of July,

Cviller,

Welcome to California.
The first state in the USA to be Bankrupt due to our politicians being overly generous with our money!

It will be a pleasure to welcome you to "Burning Amp" this year. I hope you enjoy living in the "states". Thank you for making/mailing the boards.....I can't wait to stuff them.

See you soon!

I live in Sacramento.

Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.