• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hickok Bias Pot Possible Group Buy 533, 533A, 600, 800, 750

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I Have located a company that can custom make wire wound Potentiometers and is willing to make small runs for a reasonable price. I have plotted out a graph of the taper of the Bias pots used in Hickok Tube Testers like the 533A, 750, 600A, 800A etc etc. the pot that burns up and cant be sourced!

BUT, I have to order at least 25 of them which isn't terrible considering. Price would be $80-100 for each control. But considering these are custom made to the exact specs of the Hickok parts, thats not bad! Other companies i spoke with were $250-300 each! and if I were Nasa that may be within but well out of the realm for this project.

I am wondering if there would be any interest from members here. This most likely will be a one time deal! so if you need one or just want a spare. this would be your chance!

I am looking to just cover cost's and provide a solution for this first run. I will make very little if any on this. I have 2 testers that need Bias pots myself so 2 will be spoken for off the bat. Once things are final if the price is substantially less (or more), i will advise the final price. but as of right now its estimated close to $100 each.

Right now I am just looking to judge interest. I will be posting this on several other forums as well to see if i can locate at least 20+ people that would be interested and willing to commit. If there is enough interest then the company will make me 2 prototypes and once we have verification that the taper is exactly the same. then we will go ahead with an order.

Please email me for more info or to discuss!

Mods, I checked the FAQ's for this section and didn't see anything that looked liked this would not be OK. If there is an issue. please feel free to move or email me and i will make changes.

Thanks

Zc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.