• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Linear Systems LSK389 / LSK170 JFETs (i.e. Toshiba 2sk389/2sk170 subs)

update:

The following people have paid:

coloradosound
shallbehealed
mlloyd1
ken.berg
TS Lo
jimt
Jim Hamley
hayenc
npapp
spind
JoeyDD
claudio
sonidos
wct
jonclancy
Conrad Hoffman
len_scanlan
ZUM911
Looneytunes
agent.5
mako1138
bobgroger
chertk
bkisiel
walt h
dankop
leadfinger
jims
finneybear
sidiy
Scott Wurcer
AndrewT
tritosine
RogerGustavsson
Sheldon
christer
relder
jpo
genome
Deek
Rjay
satoru
LarryNicks
Scot Stansbury
pingrs
SheldonD
picker
number9
jackinnj
cherhit
Dinglepower
damohpi
Greg Erskine
Jonathan Bright
Cobra2
audiotony
pilli

The following people haven't paid:

EDDELARUE
klm1
jeje
stoolpigeon
rolandong
metalman
mikewong
kraljmatjaz
flg

I have no way to contact the following people:

pencoat
Rambi

89% of devices are paid for.

I have also decided on the shipping material cost. I will be using #0 Jiffy bags (padded envelopes) and appropriately sized zip-lock style ESD bags. I looked at the restrictions to what's considered by the USPS to be an "envelope" and a "large envelope" and this size is the biggest that qualifies for the cheaper shipping.

Where it makes sense, I'll combine devices into a single ESD bag (i.e. if you only ordered 2 types of devices, and one is TO-71 and one is TO-92) and use multiple bags in the rest of the cases.

Total cost per person for packing materials is $0.81, plus $0.19 per person for 'packing beer', and the total comes exactly to $1 per person, how convenient! :D :cheers:

Arrrrgghh!

Hi, luvdunhill,

Just today stumbled upon this forum and your GB program while searching for a source of the LIS JFETs. I couldn't've timed it worse! The very day the program closed!

If, by any chance, you end up with a few orphaned items (ideally the low-Idss "A" series, but I'd settle for any) in either single or dual format (ideally 8-DIP, but I'd settle for SOIC...gotta find my magnifying glasses...) please e-mail me so I can buy some from you (I need only maybe 4 of each, so...it could happen, no?)

Why didn't I find you sooner?

Regards,

Geoff.

well, the order is almost placed guys.

The longest lead time is on the LSK170 TO-92 "B", as it was our largest quantity by far. The distributor is saying that the maximum lead time will be 4 weeks, but they need to verify with Linear. I think I will wait to pick up the devices until all are in stock and ready to be handed over to me.

I'm still talking with the distributor and will have final details in a few hours.

ok, I have a final quote. Basically there was a slight change, but since this only increases our total cost less than 1% I figured it was reasonable. Basically, all pricing for a particular unit was done at the "B" grade. This hurt us slightly, because in general we have more "C" grade than "A" grade orders.

Instead of going back and recalculating everyone's totals, I'm just going to take the overage and just divide it by the total number of people and be done with it. This will add $0.64 per person to the final cost.

If there's a big up-roar about this, I'll reconsider... but this seems easiest to me.