• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

KrellClone KSA100-MKII Heatsink+Fan EUROPE GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to get LA 1 02 TO-3 (L = 71 mm) which Is for 8 transistors
less expensive
depending on price I will take from 2 to 4 complete modules with fan
what are your preferences are you going to use 8 or 12 transistors
also are the drilling price of euro 40 Is paid for all pcs that we going to get
if there are not much pcs I think we can drill It ourselfs

Sammy,

if you're interested i can stop by at this (scroll all the way down) place when i'm in the neighborhood to ask if they still have some of the package deals left.
They've been lying on the shelf for quite some time, but when i picked some up all of them were still nicely factory wrapped, the Papst fans on my assemblies turned out 100%.
No ****-gin idea what the shipping cost to kick 'm over to your doorstep would amount to, of course.

BuTuWu:
the Quasi-Oz posted a cool idea on derating an AC-fan at one of his quasi-complementary amp threads.
An estimate can be calculated with the fan coil data and series LC formula, easiest would be to stick a low value foil cap (high voltage) in series with the coil and just see what's happening.
I just tried it with an 80mm Papst AC fan and it works like a charm, even a great way to get rid of Polyester crab caps.

This fan cooled heatsink that I'm trying to make a GB for should be as similar as the original.
If the majority think we should change any specs or someting please let me know.
Since they are making a "custom" heatsink we can make it as we want.

The goal here is:

To get a complete, pre-drilled heatsink with a 230v(120v) fan as the original were with 8xTO-3 in total.

And you will need one heatsink @ channel.

I wanted to get most work done, and just start mounting the components...

Price Quote from Fischer Elektronik

This model is 108mm long Heatsink + fan.
Special model for better cooling.

LA 1A 03 8 X TO 3 230V - With 8 x TO 3
H 108mm (Heatsink)

1 € 116,50 ea.
10 € 97,20 ea.
25 € 86,35 ea.
50 € 77,70 ea.

+ drawing costs / once € 40,00

Leadtime: about 6 – 7 weeks after receipt of order

Last time i was there i bought a number of both A and B models, as they were so affordable.

I've used a large B-type assembly for the A100 boards MikeW gave me, still need to build a case big enough to hold the 12" high heatsink setup.
Pictures of the A-model were also posted at the KSA100 thread, well over a year ago.
As most others, i've had to wait so long for the CRDs of the KSA100 that i started other amp projects, still need to finish the Krill the moment the active project list is blank again.

Attachments

• kl800-1.jpg
    kl800-1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 438
As you can see from the picture, these are not stacked modular ones as in the sheet Samoloko linked to, but have a single heatsink in each quadrant.
Better this way, less temperature diference between the two ends of the heatsinks.
(i'll use all 12 output device mounting positions, i'm not going fancy TO3 on the KSA100 and there's both a thermal and Hfe advantage to use 12 instead of 8 Motorola metal can devices)

Attachments

• kl800-2.jpg
    kl800-2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 428
Portland Oregon HS/Fan modules FS:

I have some heatsink/fan modules for sale. They are older by the "W. Germany" marking on the Papst 20W 120V fan on each one, but aluminum is un-pitted and the fans seem quiet at full-blast. Assembly can accept foam dirt filter under metal screen. Twelve T03 devices (3 per quadrant) can be fitted. The extrusions and framing are very similar to those Krell used in the KSA-100. I'd like $160 for the pair.

Attachments

• hs-assy.jpg
    hs-assy.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,424
I'm under moderation

This means that I can't e-mail any of you. I have the 2 HS Assy's shown and 10 more that are not stripped and are mounted on five 3U panels as pair.

Here is my e-mail (inside attached image)if you would like to contact for more images, measurements, etc.

Attachments

• email.jpg
    email.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 348
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.