• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

KrellClone KSA100-MKII 1000VA toroidal transformer EUROPE GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You need 2pcs for a stereo amp.

About shipping:

We can proably do what we want.
But I guess it will be most easy to send to one forum member, and then directly to all others from him.

Also if there are lots of orders from one country, we ship all trafos to one forum member and then he sends to each member in that country.

I can be the contact person in Sweden, I have a VAT Registered company, and can handle shipping and everything.

there are two things
price of the transformer - 155 pounds - very high for 1 pcs also there are VAT (how much ) shipping
quality - for that price range the transformer have to be like Plitron or even better
what do you think of the option - other manufactures - Plitron, Hammond, Toroid (stolvoboy USA GB)

imho, if you are fixated on spending so much money you would be much better off requesting a quote for an R-core transformer in an R-600 to R-1000 size. (eg Arrow in HK)
Even ordering a few dozen 500VA R-cores at Selectronic in France and picking them up in person at the Belgian/France border line store in Lille would be cheaper and a whole lot better.

(but what do i care, i w&d 2 NOS big gun Plitrons for the KSA out of Germany, for 50 buckeroos each)

I asked www.amplimo.nl for price of 2 pcs x-formers
to me amplimo and plitron are of same quality

primary - 230 VAC
secondary - 35 VAC x 2 8.95 A
- 55 VAC x 2 0.75 A
- 15 VAC x 2 1 A
this spec will do work for me
here are what they offer me

We do manufacture custom-made designs, however a production batch of only 2 pcs is not very economical and therefore expensive.
We can offer you this transformer in “audio-grade / low-noise” quality for EUR 200,00 nett, excl VAT each.
Dimensions : diameter approx 160mm, height approx 62mm.
Delivery: EXW (incoterms 2000)
Payment: in advance.

I suggest Floedstrome to ask for a quote,contact them and tell what spec are better to use for that amplifier
I will buy 2 - 4 or even 6 depending on price

Hi,
a transformer feeding a capacitor input filter must be rated to deliver a continuous DC current of pretty near half the rated AC current.
If you want/need a continuous rating of 2.65Adc then the minimum rating for the secondary is 5.3Aac.
But this will run the transformer at it's maximum rating continuously. It will run HOT.
It is usually recommended that the continuous load be less than about half the maximum rating to stay within tolerable temperatures.
This requires an AC rating of >=10.6Aac.

I think Krell specified their transformer on regulation not maximum temperature. Their toroid would run even cooler due to the extra copper and iron to get their regulation specification.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.